The Sewing Place

Can anyone identify this fabric please?

Kazerp

Can anyone identify this fabric please?
« on: October 27, 2018, 23:14:44 PM »
Hi

Can I ask if anyone can identify this fabric please?  Bought the last on the roll at a fabric sale but don't know the name or maker and want to find some more?

https://i.imgur.com/3FdnJUF.jpg

Thanks

wrenkins

Re: Can anyone identify this fabric please?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:30:36 AM »
Hi. It's Java Chintz. Here it is.

Welcome to the forum.  :drink:  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kazerp

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 08:10:00 AM »
Wrenkins - you are an absolute star!

I'm new to sewing and got my first sewing machine in August at the age of 50 and want to learn.

I bought the last two metres on a roll from a shop selling roll ends in Northumberland and love it so much and have been trying to find it again.

Thank you so much.

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 10:59:29 AM »
You're welcome.
Just be aware that there may be shade differences between different batches...like wallpaper.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 17:30:58 PM »
Glad you found a match for your fabric Kazerp! Can I ask where the fabric shop is in Northumberland? Sounds like it could be interesting for when I'm next up there.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Kazerp

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 17:08:07 PM »
Hi Helen

It's the Village Tearoom and Emporium, next to Hedgeley Antiques Centre in Powburn.  There are rolls and rolls of fabric and I was spoilt for choice.  Will go again when back up there next year on holiday again.

Helen M

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 17:33:07 PM »
Thanks for that it sounds great! I'm originally from Newcastle so go up there regularly as my Mum still lives up there. I've also a friend in Alnwick who keeps asking us to call so maybe she will be in luck, after we've been to Powburn of course!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Kazerp

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 19:57:26 PM »
I could have spent more but only just learning how to use a sewing machine but will definitely go again.