The Sewing Place

Who has made, or is making dungarees, which pattern did you use?

warpbywarpweft

I had been half looking for a dungaree pattern, yesterday on Instagram I saw a pair made up using the Sew House 7 Burnside Bibs pattern...I was sold and the pattern is on it's way!  Sewhouse7 Burnsidebib

I was wondering what other patterns anyone else has made up and how they have turned out?  also if anyone else has made the sew-house ones?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 13:20:43 PM by Acorn »

Samantha

Re: Who has made, or is making dungarees, which pattern did you use?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 13:27:35 PM »
I made these Burda ones

They came up big (but then Burda patterns often do on me) but apart from that they are great.

WendyW

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 14:07:07 PM »
I've been making my own jeans for years. Tried a couple different patterns, but my body was so off from the norm, that tweaking a purchased pattern just led to confusion and failure. I finally did some googling and found instructions to draft a pattern from scratch and was successful. Now I have to start over with a smaller pattern. My old one is too big and I have tweaked it as far as I can.

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 14:08:30 PM »
Oh to have a bum small enough to look good with all those gathers :loveit:

warpbywarpweft

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 15:25:44 PM »
I had seen the Burda one, have you made 1 pair or a few?  I have a feeling that they could become a bit addictive!  I want to make a culotte legged pair as well.  I expect that I might also end up making my own pair as well because I have a lovely wide leg pattern that would look good as a dungaree.

Oh to have a bum small enough to look good with all those gathers
Ha ha, yes, I'll have to keep up with my squats and enjoy it while I can I think, it's my tummy that causes me problems, it never did spring back after child 3 or 4!

Samantha

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 10:06:31 AM »
@warpbywarpweft  only one pair so far. I was going to make a skirt version but I didn't have enough denim in my stash and then I saw one second hand so bought that instead.