The Sewing Place

Still Sewbusy (TSF) but not so busy these days.

Sewbusy

Still Sewbusy (TSF) but not so busy these days.
« on: November 07, 2018, 16:35:37 PM »
Hello everyone I've looked at the forum for a while although I haven't done any sewing for a quite some time.

There are quite a few names I remember from TSF and it's good to see what some members have been up to. Looking forward to catching up with you and also meeting new people.

Pat

Iminei

Re: Still Sewbusy (TSF) but not so busy these days.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 16:40:35 PM »
Welcome, look around, join in and enjoy!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

fajita

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 16:57:05 PM »
Hello, @Sewbusy welcome  :flower: :drink:

Elnnina

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 20:07:49 PM »
As soon as I spotted the newest member Sewbusy I knew it was you - so welcome to our new TSP and just enjoy.  We truly do have a lovely forum and our members are very welcoming and helpful in so many ways.  Look forward to reading what you have been up to over the last couple of years.

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 22:37:37 PM »
Welcome @Sewbusy - where in Wiltshire are you?

Sewbusy

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 06:56:23 AM »
Thank you for the welcome.

@Elnnina I have done nothing for the last three years or so, sewing or otherwise. Rheumatoid Arthritis hit me  and it's taken until a few months ago to even want or be able to do very much at all.  Then I got a double whammy 'smack' with bilateral cataract diagnosis!

Suffice to say that medication has eventually helped with the arthritis and  I've had the first cataract operation with good results, hoping the second on will be soon and equally successful.

@Greybird I'm in Swindon, so not too far away from you.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:32:01 AM by Sewbusy »

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »
Welcome @Sewbusy
Still learning

Nevis5

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 11:15:19 AM »
Welcome, @Sewbusy  from me, too!  :toast:

Kenora

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 13:58:53 PM »
Welcome from me too. I'm one of the relatively new ones because, although I lurked on TSF, I never got around to joining. This is a lovely, friendly forum and it's great to "meet" you. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Surest1tch

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 21:02:39 PM »
Hello Sewbusy, welcome from me too

Elnnina

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 16:53:58 PM »
Hello Sewbusy, sorry to read about your arthritis – not at all nice to have to contend with, hope you get periods of time when you can manage to get sewing as I remember you were a prolific seamstress.   Also sorry to read about your eyes – good luck with the  next cataract operation  hope you do not have to wait too long.

Now with this year’s hot summer, if you still have it, was your ‘sail sunshade’ that Tiggersew made you useful?

Look forward to reading more of your posts.

hernibs

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 17:46:49 PM »
Welcome from me too.....I think I am beginning to suffer arthritis so have a little (very little gladly) of how you might feel.
Hope the second eye op goes as well as the first.

Sewbusy

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 19:11:38 PM »
@Elnnina  Sewing has really been a no-no since the onset of RA and unfortunately I had to take quite large dosses of steroids resulting in a weight gain of 3 stones, being only 5feet tall  it was very obvious, very demoralising and for me embarrassing,  none of my clothes would fit and of course I couldn't make anything. Gave nearly all my wardrobe to charity and bought just what I could bear to wear. Now, been off the steroids for quite a while and take various DMARD's to control the RA and am  back to 7 1/2 stone (Yipee),off course the clothes I bought are too big and frankly even if I get back to sewing properly they are not really what I want to wear so they are off to the charity shop. a couple of weeks ago I managed to shorten some Jersey trousers 13/14 yr old size from ASDA which aren't too bad for everyday wear.

Enough gloom and doom I am much much better so onwards and upwards.

The garden sail which Tiggersew made is sadly no more but it was fantastic and I hope to have another one for next summer. Tiggersew is such a talented man and he's been doing quite a lot of DIY jobs for me so I will be able to get around to doing proper sewing fairly soon. Need to sort out my sewing room first though, I had fabric in the sewing room, kitchen, and sitting room, dressmakers dummies as well not to mention sewing machines and all the other items that go along with sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 15:01:32 PM »
Sorry to hear you've been through so much @Sewbusy . I do hope life gets easier for you now. Why is Tiggersew not a member here? The last I heard was that he was thinking of applying to the GB Sewing Bee.

Sewbusy

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 15:25:52 PM »
@Greybird  Tiggersew still sews but he also does other craftwork at which he's extremely good, he's also a superb photographer. Think he's been so busy helping me out (alongside his other commitments) that there's not a lot of time left over in his day!

Talking of the GB Sewing bee, we were having a laugh the other day, visualising Demented Fairy being on the show, daren't spell out on here what we envisaged I'll wet myself, suffice to say DF was a resounding winner and that was nothing to do with the sewing results!