The Sewing Place

Dealer says Pfaff aren't good any more. Should I believe him?

b15erk

Re: Dealer says Pfaff aren't good any more. Should I believe him?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 09:22:37 AM »
Feeling very smug here.  I bought a Pfaff 1475cd, thirty odd years ago when it was cutting edge.

It still is to me.  Love it.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

annieeg

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »
@Iminei
Your link is correct - that is the accufeed/flex foot I'm talking about.
However, I have 2 issues with it:

(1) Its is not simple clip-on but a screw on foot which is so similar to the walking foot that its probably not worth the money to have a machine with the built-in accuflex option; and
(2) when I'm stitching the foot comes apart!

Its hard to explain and the next time it happens I'll take a photo to show you.

Annie

Iminei

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2019, 17:55:41 PM »
You mean the foot plate (closed or open toe) comes off the foot ?

Indeed When I first looked at mine I thought it was plastic because of the look of it but it isnt and it is meant to be removable so you can attach the open toed plate if you want.

Check you have both the nubbles on each side of the Plate/foot engaged into the holes/depressions properly ...

If it continues to fall apart take it back to your dealer or ring Janome customer service, explain the problem and they will probably exchange it for a new one.

Check out a janome vid of how to attach and use the foot, which shows exactly how to change the sole plate and engage the foot to the machine.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again