The Sewing Place

Needle position 1008

Barcoded

Needle position 1008
« on: November 10, 2018, 20:03:23 PM »
My Pfaff 2038 is at the second repair shop for a second opinion. Given the news is likely to be negative I thought that the Bernita 1008 might be useful and a long term keeper. I’m a bit mad that my very expensive machine, although served reasonably well is no more.

My hesitation on the 1008, is that the spec says 3 needle positions. The reason I like the electronic one is the ability to shift the needle really close to the stitch edge.

Has anyone any experience with the needle positioning, is it more flexible than it sounds?

I tested out the B330 in the shop but didn’t think to ask about the 1008 because my thought processes has changed direction.

I think I have joined the 201 club

poptart

Re: Needle position 1008
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »
Sold mine a few months ago, but it's actually 5 needle positions. I never had a problem getting the stitches lined up although a computerised machine probably gives you more options.

Just noticed this is quite an old thread. :| Did you go for the Bernina in the end?

Gernella

Re: Needle position 1008
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:15:21 AM »
I've got a small Activa 216 which I generally use downstairs when it's hot in summer.  I really do miss needle positions, the more the merrier for me because then I can have the foot lined up with the fabric as a guide.

For some reason when you read Bernina sales guff, they never mention that.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included