Re: Walking Foot
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 17:16:15 PM »
Explain tut to me.   As in tut, tut?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 17:21:04 PM »
She wants you to dress up as King Tutankhamun and take a photo for us.

With perfect zips, obviously.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 17:28:36 PM »
 ><  Honestly, only just finished my skirt and about to take photos.  How long do you think for an Egyptian costume?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Missie

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 09:37:26 AM »
Think I'd get a teflon foot for the faux leathers (did I mention that I am an enabler  0_0)

But walking foot I use, when I sew, on fabrics that are likely to creep when sewing, so knits or velvets mainly.

Popeye09

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 02:26:48 AM »
I tend to leave mine on unless I need a special foot or I specifically want to ease in a seam.

But times when it seems especially useful are going through heavy layers or sewing across seams or other lumps. So topstitching a jacket edge say, or flat felling jeans seams. It also sews Lycra like a boss.

sdBev

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 00:12:08 AM »
I rarely use mine and I have 2 types which came with my Brother Dream.  I prefer to just slip feet on and off the machine because I use a number of them.  To me, it is like using the right screw driver. Sure several different screw drivers will probably get the job done for you, but the one which fits the screw head and can easily get into the work area, makes the job faster, easier; not a hated chore to be avoided but a quick adjustment.  Anyway, my walking feet require more effort to put them on and off so I dont do it until they are really needed.