The Sewing Place

Pink and grey checked skirt

Silver Rose

Pink and grey checked skirt
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:34:08 AM »
I am making this pencil skirt from a metre of lovely pink and grey wool mix tweed, so far it is cut out and the front and back darts sewn, the zip is pinned in, I'm off to Norwich to get some pink lining as I hadn't enough of the various shades of grey and pink lining fabrics in my boxes to use. Also, it is another test for matching of checks for me.
Still learning

Missie

Re: Pink and grey checked skirt
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 09:33:36 AM »
Where do you shop for fabric in Norwich?  DS2 is at Uni there so will be planning a trip there.  I know there is a shop but I seem to recall it was more quilting/cottons (although I didn't have a good look as we were there to look at the Uni and just popped into town for a quick look around).

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 10:28:31 AM »
It is Anglian Fashion Fabrics in Magdelene Street @Missie  , loads of fabrics of all sorts and prices. The shop is near to the Cathedral in the old part of the city.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 08:37:42 AM »
The skirt is finished apart from the hem, I'll try to get the lining cut out and sewn this weekend, I'm going to go shopping for a pink or grey jumper to go with it next week when I go Christmas shopping.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 09:22:59 AM »
The lining is ready to be sewn in and then the hems need finishing, this has been so slow - no, I have been slow and lacking in enthusiasm, it is progress of a sort.
Still learning

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 15:31:55 PM »
Apropos nothing ... I saw some gorgeous soft pink and grey checked flannel at our local emporia yesterday (at £8 pm) and dreamed of making myself some new PJ's or a nightshirt , but of course I would have to learn to sew (and set in sleeves  :S)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 07:46:01 AM »
I've finished my skirt, the fit is good so very happy, can't wait to wear it. Now, what's next?
Still learning

Ploshkin

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 07:48:24 AM »
Now, what's next?
A picture  ;)
Life's too short for ironing.