The Sewing Place

Lost dressmaking book? - thread from TSF Survivors on reddit - is it this one??

Madame Cholet

On the TSF Survivors reddit pages there was a thread about a lost old dressmaking book. All I recall is that there were lots of diagonal cotton reels on the cover.
Was it this book??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-COMPLETE-DRESSMAKER-BOOK-VINTAGE-1983-FROM-MARSHALL-CAVENDISH-/122385265596?hash=item1c7ebaf3bc:g:wDgAAOSwqu9VRN7s

Just thought I would post the link just in case  8)

Lilian

O.M.G  !!  Yes that is the one!  Yay!  Thank you so much  0_0
Willing but not always able :)

Madame Cholet

Oh wow I'm so glad!!  0_0 0_0 0_0 0_0 0_0 0_0 0_0 0_0 0_0 0_0
Hurrah!

Lilian

I got to buy it now!  Can't believe it.  Wouldn't it be funny if when I get it I find all my notes inside Hmm Miss Marple here I come  haha   8)

You got a great big thumbs up from me  0_0

How lucky is that, that it should turn up on ebay? 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 22:35:10 PM by Lilian »

Madame Cholet

Yes I did wonder if it was your copy...!
I was just trundling around ebay drooling over vintage sewing stuff - as you do - and there it was!

Lilian

You've no idea how pleased I am that you found it.  It could well be my copy. We will see  8)

Tamnymore

Let us know if it is your one, Lilian. We like to hear about happy endings!  0_0
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lilian

Let us know if it is your one, Lilian. We like to hear about happy endings!  0_0

I will  Tamny, I am arranging to get out of the dentist in time to put my bid on the book.  I will know by Thursday afternoon if I win the bidding :-)

Marniesews

Well done Madame Cholet! My charity bookseller visits hadn't had any success yet so I'm delighted you found it.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

Did you win the bidding, Lilian?