The Sewing Place

Bernina 350P for sale

Celia

Bernina 350P for sale
« on: November 19, 2018, 11:41:22 AM »
Well I have officially run out of room for sewing machines and really do have to cull my brood, so I have a lovely Bernina 350p for sale it is first class condition and has hardly been used, it comes with all of the original feet etc. I have had it from new and only bought it as a machine to take to class but actually my life changed and I have not needed to take it so it really is as new. 
I don't really want to post it so collection only or I will deliver if you are local to me, I am near Guildford in Surrey.
It is £650.00

If you have any questions please do ask

Celia

Re: Bernina 350P for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 23:08:17 PM »
I am willing to reduce the price on this machine to £595.00 in the hope of finding it a good new home.

crafter

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
Hi @Celia.  I have googled this machine but cannot find it.  Only the PE version.  Is that it or does the extra E make a difference.  I think this is the machine that I saw demonstrated recently.  Can you recall what the retail price was?

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 13:01:19 PM »
I think this is indeed the PE .... and very nice it looks too ... I am sorely tempted .

How are the lettering stitches ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 14:26:36 PM »
Yes I have just checked and it is the PE edition, I think it was just short of a £1000.00 when I bought it. Hope this helps, it really is a lovely machine, it includes the walking foot
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 13:50:30 PM by Celia »

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 23:42:38 PM »
Shame I'm not nearer or I'd have adopted it!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 06:47:51 AM »
how much does it weigh Celia?

Celia

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 09:51:03 AM »
According to a review on Patternreveiw.com it is about 8kilos,  I will try to weigh it later on just to check.  I bought it with the weight in mind as most of my machines are really heavy.
Hope that help.

Celia

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
how much does it weigh Celia?

Having looked to see where you live I did wonder if I could make France a local delivery  :devil: 
Unfortunately I think that might be a bit far (haven’t been to France since I was at school).

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 10:15:29 AM »
No, that's  a bit far for an afternoon drive, especially with all the problems we have here at the moment - road blockades and closed petrol stations!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 11:20:10 AM »
I saw this very same machine up close and personal yesterday at, Sakars friend, Andrea's house and can tell you it is a very nice machine indeed ...

Its not particularly lightweight (to my mind tho') and as it is the only one of the range that doesnt come with a wardrobe ... Im afraid I have to declare myself out of the running (its the wardrobe I secretly, or not so secretly, covet) ... But its a beautiful piece of machinery and sews like a dream.

We also met the 'Lady of the house' @Bodgeitandscarper  a gorgeous Apricot (or Caramel) coloured standard poodle! Who was ever so well behaved with a houseful of guests, chatting and sewing!

They are ardent Bernina fans and have along with the (comparitively diddy to the rest of their stable) 350PE (for classes) a  sewing/embroidery machine 590 and an absolutely humunguous sewing/embroidery 820/30 !!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:29:55 AM by Iminei »

Celia

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 12:15:43 PM »
No problem Iminei, I do know what you mean by the wardrobe, I do love this machine every time I look at it I think maybe I can keep it but I really do have too many, if I keep telling myself this maybe I will believe it.  I might just have to think of selling something else if I can't find a good home for it.

I also have a brand new used once, Janome felting machine maybe that needs a new home, unfortunately this was a lovely present from a lovely person but it is just not my kind of thing, does anyone have any idea what I could charge  for it?

Elnnina

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 14:42:51 PM »
Oh Imi,  the  wardrobe/s are easily obtained direct from Bogod (Bernina's warehouse) in Cardiff.  As I have bought so many extra feet over the years I needed yet another wardrobe.  They really are nifty little accessory boxes.  My only problem with these wardrobes is getting the right racks inside to carry the different feet, some are straight forward Bernina feet, others are still Bernina feet but have a small sensor on the side, and others, still Bernina feet have even bigger sensors on the side.  So now I have tried to store my feet in numerical order as far as the different sensors will allow and I now have three wardrobes!!!!

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 15:29:55 PM »
I also have a brand new used once, Janome felting machine maybe that needs a new home, unfortunately this was a lovely present from a lovely person but it is just not my kind of thing, does anyone have any idea what I could charge  for it?

I dont even know what that is ??!! Let alone how much you could sell it for!

Celia

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 16:06:43 PM »
It’s one of these   http://janome.co.uk/janome_products/model-fm725/. Not sure if this link will work.   As you might be able to tell I am trying to have a bit of a life laundry,  parting with sewing machines is really not fun but I still have more than enough. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 16:12:09 PM by Celia »