The Sewing Place

Eyelets

StitchinTime

Re: Eyelets
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 10:35:58 AM »
Rather than you have to wait until I get home, I've been looking at the various Prym products online and I do think you have the setting tools for making holes and setting "Colour Snaps" only.

However, the packets of Prym eyelets appear to come with the addtional setting tools required. In this pack of black eyelets I think the setting tools are the silver metal pieces which can be used either in the plastic tool provided or in the Vario pliers.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0225/9227/products/eyelets-blk3.png?v=1492798185

Vezelay

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 13:10:14 PM »
I second what @StitchinTime says. There seem to be two slightly different versions of the Vario and it looks like you will need the setting tools from a Prym eyelets pack to insert eyelets. Also in images of the pliers the little red grommets appear to sit in the pliers to hold the metal tools in place. If you're still confused I can recommend emailing Prym as I've found them really helpful in the past.

Catllar

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 22:21:46 PM »
Right, thanks ladies - I'll see if I can make any sense of this tomorrow. I can see one place I went wrong already :[
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Catllar

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 22:23:04 PM »
Right, thanks ladies - I'll see if I can make any sense of this tomorrow. I can see one place I went wrong already :[
  Not sure what the second set of red bits are for either! Hey ho! Life is an adventure isn't it?

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 22:51:18 PM »
Sent an email to Prym today - I think you're right and I don't have all the right bits :angry:  Wish 'd looked at it sooner, I'd have saved myself a couple of weeks.

Catllar

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »
Update: No reply from Prym to my email. I found another video  which shows the whole process more clearly and it was only then that I put two and two together and what Vezelay and stitchintime has now become clear to me. I found the famous metal setting bits in the pack of eyelets, Brain of Britain here hadn't noticed them  before as they were inserted in that plastic bendy thing all ready to be used with a hammer. Once I found that out I was good to go, so thank you all! :flower: :flower: :flower:

Catllar

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 23:22:57 PM »
Hmmm. Not exactly as good as I'd have hoped! I've done one set of 8 holes and I have little catch-y bits on the back of each one! SO Ive added a "fly shield" behind each end of the corset belt to protect the skin (!) and stop the bits snagging the costume.