The Sewing Place

Doughty Bros hacked ?

Vegegrow

Doughty Bros hacked ?
« on: March 31, 2017, 20:22:43 PM »
Well I bought  from them for the 1st time on 10th of March...a few bits for my current project ( yes Imi  I will post about it  :* ) and this evening I have received an email from 'them?' saying order declined saying Dear ...( my Name) followed by an exclamation mark... which makes me think its a hack.... your order is declined  in large case letters.. when I have received all the fabric ..and had 2 phone call from them about the fabric  which was delayed because it was out on one of their sales and then one of the fabrics was out of stock... what do peeps think ???? -<
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

UttaRetch

Re: Doughty Bros hacked ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 20:25:57 PM »
Doesn't sound good to me - bad English  0_0  I would go direct to the site and check on the status of your order.

Snippet

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 20:32:52 PM »
That sounds odd, especially if you've already received the order?

Are they asking you to click on a link or something?

Don't....obviously....

Vegegrow

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 21:01:19 PM »

It says
Dear My Name!
The status of your order has been changed to "Declined". This could be for one of the following reasons:
1) The order was declined by the store administrator.
2) The payment could not be processed at the time of order placement.
For more information, please contact the store administrator.

It then has all the details of my order, payment method and address with Doughtys highlighted
I have emailed them... not using the link obviously

"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 09:00:48 AM »
Yes it does sound as though hackers have got in.

How did you pay?  It's more important that your bank details/Paypal account or whatever remain secure.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Vegegrow

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 13:40:36 PM »
Have heard back from Doughtys and they have asked for a screenshot.. I paid with paypal and everything seems ok there

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 14:54:00 PM »
Might just be their system sending out the wrong email rather than the "received" one. I don't think just an exclamation mark would make me think it's a hack. But if you have no reason to click better to be safe!

Vegegrow

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 22:07:51 PM »
Update... Nothing from Doughty's I sent the screen shot when requested but have heard nothing from them..
but received the same email from them this evening identical ..all the order details

think I shall give them a call in the morning