The Sewing Place

Oh Deer

fajita

Oh Deer
« on: November 24, 2018, 19:14:01 PM »
Is the name of this pattern by Jo Carter. It was in a magazine a couple of years ago. I had a play this afternoon, and this was born -
(Excuse the money box holding him upright).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:06:28 AM by Iminei »

Iminei

Re: Oh Deer
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:07:25 AM »
That is glorious Fajita!! liking the Tardis and the wallpaper too!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 10:31:59 AM »
Lovely... I love all things deer.
Just bought this little retro cutie

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »
Nice. Fun little wall piece. Also like the Tardis. @Efemera  is little Bambi there a celluloid piece? Quite charming. I have a whole herd of these little celluloid darlings. Even have a sleigh similar to this and Belznickles enough for everyone.

Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 19:38:10 PM »
Yes @Renegade Sewist ..I collect old Christmas decor stuff.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 23:44:38 PM »
Yes @Renegade Sewist ..I collect old Christmas decor stuff.

You and I have so much in common. I just know we would be Pals if we lived near one another.  :loveit:

I do vintage Christmas and Hallowe'en, with a smattering of Easter and Valentine's Day. Started by trolling flea markets, junk and antique shops with my Mom when I was 13. I've got all the family ornaments from circa 1960 and a box I was gifted (or bought?) when I was 16 or 17 of pre 1900 blown glass. My Dad's older friend had remarried a year before then he abruptly died. We helped the widow sort stuff and she either gave me or sold me cheaply the things I liked. I wound up with a trunk, filled.

My Mom made large 24" to 30" Father Christmas figures that were sold to collectors, as well as smaller reproduction Belsnickel and Father Christmas. She was so good I can only tell them apart from the vintage ones if she signed them. She made one for me about 2" tall that we turned into a pin.  My big one she made is 28" tall and has an old basket backpack filled with antique toys. I keep him out year round.

She taught me how & I was pretty good at it. I should make them again. I've got all the molds, fabrics and body making templates. Hmmm....maybe a money maker for next year. I need to create a small revenue stream that I can do from home on my own terms. This would fit.

Thanks for giving me both a nostalgic moment and an income idea.  :toast:

Similar to this fellow.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 09:12:41 AM »
He’s fabulous....do show us some pictures if you make some.

Samantha

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 10:03:32 AM »
That's fab!! Love the wallpaper too.

Nevis5

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 13:25:00 PM »
Love the Santa, @Renegade Sewist !  But what is a Belsnickel?