The Sewing Place

Seasalt

Efemera

Seasalt
« on: November 27, 2018, 13:31:15 PM »
Just received a Seasalt catalogue...
If I’m paying £80 for a dress I’d expect a bit more thought about pattern matching

Acorn

Re: Seasalt
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 13:38:40 PM »
Oh my...  :o

A belt would help, but it shouldn't have to!!  It looks as though they balanced two minor lines for the bodice, ignoring the broader line that isn't centred between the two... and then they half-heartedly tried to line up the bodice lines with the skirt, and hoped nobody would notice the single extra line with nothing to match it up.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 13:40:26 PM »
Absolutely! That's awful can't believe nobody noticed, or, if they did, why they thought it was OK!

Sewingsue

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 15:16:44 PM »
Surely the one line you would match would be the wide central line???
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 15:22:34 PM »
I certainly would!

They wouldn't have done very well in our  plaids and checks competition.   :fish: :fish: :fish:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 15:24:16 PM »
£80! I would want at least 3 dresses for that amount of money. Trouble with RTW is that the makers have to make use of every bit if fabric with no regard for matching. Next are the worse I have seen with matching anything.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Helen M

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 16:17:40 PM »
That's awful. I've seen so many non matched plaids on coats in shops recently. I fancied a couple of them but I couldn't accept the bad matching. It got to the stage when I wondered if it was just me being too picky.......
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72