The Sewing Place

Sherwoods

Gernella

Sherwoods
« on: November 30, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
I've had an email from them this morning and they have actually reduced their postage charge to £2.99, which is a lot better than the £4.95 (I seem  to remember) they charged before.

They do have some quality stuff in but unless I absolutely had to have it, I moved on elsewhere because of the postage..
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ploshkin

Re: Sherwoods
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »
That's good to know.
When I hesitate because of postage costs I always remind myself how much it would cost me in diesel to go somewhere and get it. (£6 per 40 miles and there are no fabric shops within 40 miles of me).
Life's too short for ironing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 14:31:31 PM »
I do that calculation too, Ploshkin. Fuel costs and parking too, it can be a lot in the cities.
I'll take a look at Sherwoods' website, Gernella, even though I'm not buying any more fabric. No. Definitely not.   ;)

sewingj

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 16:11:14 PM »
@Gernella   thanks for that - I had something from them earlier this year but made myself a note to avoid them because of the postage costs.  I seem to remember that they charged over the odds for samples too.