The Sewing Place

Hello from Ireland

WildAtlanticWay

Hello from Ireland
« on: December 01, 2018, 09:14:12 AM »
Hello there, I’m new here and looking forward to learning a lot more from you lovely people. I’m not exactly a newbie sewer but only have basic knowledge and my interest was rekindled following a short ‘intro to sewing’ course I completed recently which was well taught with great craic.
I’m originally from the U.K. but now live on the beautiful south west coast of Ireland along the Wild Atlantic Way, hence my nickname.
I recently bought a new sewing machine that’s got a few more fancy stitches as I like tarting up my projects a bit, although it’s waiting for Santa to deliver it.  :\

fajita

Re: Hello from Ireland
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 09:17:17 AM »
Welcome @WildAtlanticWay  :flower: :drink:

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 09:39:32 AM »
Hello and welcome from me too!!

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:21:17 AM »
Welcome from me...... you are not alone in being from wild and woolly Ireland  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:41:25 AM »
Welcome from another wild and windy place.
Are you anywhere near Sheeps Head - one of my favourite places in the whole world.
Life's too short for ironing.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 11:54:17 AM »
Thank you for the lovely welcome and a special wave to all of you with an Irish connection or interest.

Yes, I live in West Cork not far from Skibbereen where the world famous O’Donovan rowing brothers come from  :D and a short drive from the Sheep’s Head where Graham Norton lives.  ;)
There are lots of unspoilt beaches nearby and it’s a great place for doggy walking.  :woof:
We have a year old Kelpi cross breed who gets mistaken for a tall chocolate Lab all the time.
T’is grand altogether.  :loveit:

Ragtimedoll

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 12:03:15 PM »
Hello WildAlanticWay and welcome!
I joined this forum last month, I am enjoying every minute, there is lots of advice and chat too!
You will have fun reading the posts, you will laugh as there is quite a lot with a good sense of humour and the pictures posted will make go Aww. The projects they do will make you want to join in. So welcome to the world of fun!!!

Sewingsue

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 12:31:32 PM »
Welcome, WildAtlanticWay.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Nevis5

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 12:34:46 PM »
Welcome from me, too @WildAtlanticWay  !   :toast:  We honeymooned on the West Coast of Ireland 40 years ago - so beautiful there.

Stitches

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 13:47:04 PM »
Welcome from me to

Ellabella

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 16:54:35 PM »
Welcome from me too WAW.

You live in a wonderful part of the world.

Surest1tch

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 19:01:43 PM »
Welcome from me too  :toast:

Helen M

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 19:31:20 PM »
Welcome WAW, hope you'll enjoy posting here! Where did you live in the UK?
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

hernibs

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 19:46:35 PM »
A warm Northern Ireland welcome to you WildAtlanticWay - specifically from Mid-Ulster...glad to have you on board!

Vezelay

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 23:26:12 PM »
Greetings from sunny Wexford WAW! You will have great fun with your new machine - which did you opt for?  And what sort of projects do you "tart up"?

My mate Bridget Sheeran (Ed's aunt) lives in Baltimore but I haven't been over that way for years.

I'm on an enforced sewing break just now but still drop in here so hope to see you round!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:32:07 AM by Vezelay »