The Sewing Place

Mr.Rubys' quilt

rubywishes

Mr.Rubys' quilt
« on: April 01, 2017, 08:07:53 AM »
So, I know I bailed on the Mystery Quilt and I am truly waiting for the Quilt Police to come and deal with me severely but in the meantime, after moping and muttering somewhat spectacularly (ask DD1) I realised I still had a heap of fabric bought that i needed to use (why oh why do I always buy "just a little bit more" in case! ;) ) and a Mr.Ruby who was still waiting for the beginning of a "T.V watching" lap quilt to appear.  I rummaged around and then happened on Ims' BOM for Feb (?) and remembered I'd seen a photo of an entire quilt constructed of that block in a quilt magazine a while back. After some digging around I found it, and armed with Ims' instructions and a new skip in my step I sallied forth once again into the sewing room.
I had hoped to get a whole block finished this arvo  for a picture but we have had a rather stressful time you see dealing with an errant caravan cover that refused to "go back on", a very cross Mr.Ruby and an impending storm so......pictures thus far show a half finished block and the fabric choices. Half the quilt will be done in the batik print and the other half will be made up of the blue, green and red...all colours found within the batik. I am yet to decide on the binding...either the blue or the green. The blocks will measure approx 15" x 6" when finished and will sew them in columns in a staggered formation.
Hmmm, can't get the first picture to rotate so tip your head on the side please!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:13:33 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

BrendaP

Re: Mr.Rubys' quilt
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 08:36:51 AM »
You've make a good start there - get it done in the next week and a half and enter in in Fran's stash busting sewalong. :devil:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 10:11:33 AM »
Great start Ruby, it'll look smashing........and very manly  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lantana

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 20:38:00 PM »
After some digging around I found it, and armed with Ims' instructions and a new skip in my step I sallied forth once again into the sewing room.

I smiled at that image of you! Glad you've rescued your mojo! I also like the block it's going to be just the perfect solution.

Hope you and the caravan are safe from the impending storm!

L :vintage:

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 12:40:45 PM »
Well at least that beautiful batik will not be wasted.
We will miss you in the sewalong tho'...
Feel free to come back whenever you wish!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again