The Sewing Place

A bargain for the sewing machine

Gernella

A bargain for the sewing machine
« on: December 03, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »
I was browsing yesterday for sewing machines (don't want one of course but you got to look)  when I saw this and at first thought that's a cheap machine at £17 initial bid.  Looked for the machine on the internet before I realised it was  what it was sitting on that was for sale (one only sees what one wants to see).

Anyway put my bid and won.  Comes with the mat that looks gorgeous plus a similar pin needle tidy and neat little 'box' for bits and pieces made out of the same fabric. It looks as if a lot of work has gone into it  and I feel a bit guilty because it is worth more than £17. Even got pockets at the front for scissors.  I'm currently using a large piece of  fleece under the Select machine but when you get  the Sew Steady perspex table on, everything shifts about.  This should solve the problem.

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

wrenkins

Re: A bargain for the sewing machine
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »
I bought that fabric a few months ago to make a SM cover. It's a nice weight canvas and I'll loads left. That looks like the very thing. to use up my extras.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 10:52:36 AM »
The sewing machine cover arrived and it is lovely, no way could I faff with that, I'm a clothes person so I appreciate the work that  went into it. I also got:

Also a needle case which will be extremely useful, and a little handmade card.  What you might call a real bargain for all the work that went into it.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 18:54:59 PM »
Wow, what a fabulous bargain. Someone obviously put lots of effort into making all those pieces and thankfully, it’s been bought by someone who can appreciate the workmanship.  :loveit: