The Sewing Place

Oh the false economy.

Catllar

Oh the false economy.
« on: December 03, 2018, 20:51:31 PM »
Another person made 20 crossover ballet-style tops, complete with frilled sleeves and neck frills. This to take some pressure off me. Only fly in the ointment is that they don't fit the children. They were delivered on Sunday so I was delighted to find this out. They have to be delivered on Saturday at the Christmas party. So guess who's got to sort out the muddle?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Roger

Re: Oh the false economy.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 21:40:56 PM »
There’s nothing like being busy, then wishing you’d just done the one extra job yourself...

That is rubbish, I hope the tweaking goes ok!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Esme866

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 03:42:23 AM »
Don't forget to have a good cry. Sounds like you're due one.

Best of luck on the completion!

Nevis5

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:20:07 AM »
Oh @Catllar , what an absolute pain  :(  I hope you can salvage something out of the mess in time.  Poor you xx

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 08:09:05 AM »
I just need the magic"making fabric appear from nowhere fairy" to do her stuff!

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »
It's such a pain when that sort of thing happens.  It would be easy to say pass them back to the original maker to sort out, but that won't solve the problem and it would leave everyone, including the children, unhappy.

It sounds as though they are all too small!  If that is the case could you pass them all down one child and just make one for the biggest child?

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 23:24:15 PM »
I've made a start - will make 6 brand new tops from white lycra - and just for fun I thought I'd make them the right size for the girls - I'm  totes mad I am!

This means I can re-allocate the small jobs - even the ones with arms for octopuses can be re-jigged. We have sleeves for body builders and sleeves for Olive Oyl as well. Oh such a help! I don't have any of the original fabric ( thank god, cos it's ghastly) the white lycra is far better but that had been earmarked for another group and is in any case made into skirts that need unpicking first. Happy days!

Nevis5

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 08:47:34 AM »
Wow @Catllar  that sounds like quite a task!  When's the deadline??  I hope you don't burn yourself out trying to get all that done x

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 13:03:31 PM »
Deadline is next Thursday. I've got this!

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 23:49:18 PM »
Lots of small people very happy and  stuff fits!!!

Yellowfeather

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 05:36:09 AM »
Well done C!!!  Good job you managed to get them done or there would have been a lot of disappointed small children. 

toileandtrouble

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 07:16:41 AM »
Well done for salvaging it. I'm interested -what happened to the perpetrator?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »
Yeah we need pics ... before and after if you have but also ...

what happened to the perpetrator?

Im interested to know whether she turns up, takes a seat and at some point in the show, turns to the person next to her and proudly says 'I made those costumes you know!'

BTW .. Did she know that none of them fitted???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

SkoutSews

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 14:52:30 PM »
Well done Catlar!  Blimey, you must have been sewing round the clock to get through all that.

Nevis5

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 13:13:09 PM »
So glad you managed to get them done, @Catllar  - truly heroic of you xx