The Sewing Place

Oh the false economy.

Catllar

Re: Oh the false economy.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 17:19:09 PM »
Well the perpetrator is our President's Mum ( no, not THAT President - our association president) and she'd be mortified to hear they didn't fit ( or all the other tawdry problems) Fortunately she lives in Spain, unfortunately she is very likely to see them from her front row seat when they will be used! I don't have any before pictures and I'll see if I can get a picture of the little ones wearing them - It ain't pretty even now ( apart from the ones I made from scratch of course !!)

Just to help thing out on the "Oooh how lovely" front, I made 19 flowers - well, I bought 19 large white fabric roses, cut of the  wire stems, glued on hair elastics then used deep burgundy nail polish to tip each petal in order to tie the colours in with the cross-overs.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Catllar

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 10:32:45 AM »
Ok, so you asked for it - brace yourselves and consider that I did the best I could and that the white ones are my work. here  is one group of little people with their teacher Flo. Again - I did the best I could ( sob)

They're all supposed to be tied to the other side through the hole left in the seam for that purpose, but by this stage, who cares!!

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 12:58:59 PM »
Once these lil darlings are whirling and twirling all over the stage, no-one will notice a thing awry Catllar ... panic not!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Catllar

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 09:18:31 AM »
Just makes me cringe to see some of these ! Never going to let someone else "help" again - far too stressful.

Surest1tch

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 18:40:35 PM »
Whatever you think, forget those thoughts, I think you've made a beautiful job of them

Catllar

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 17:16:26 PM »
So we had the annual general meeting this week and showed the prototype costumes. All got the thumbs up apart form one group who want sleeves  so I think I'll make a batch of the arm things that they can wear under the dresses, save me faffing around a bit. Will make a start when we are back from holiday.