The Sewing Place

This is what I aspire to.......

Holly Berry

This is what I aspire to.......
« on: April 01, 2017, 11:17:20 AM »
Have just come across this site. I don't make quilts, but I would aspire to making something like these http://uniquejunktique.com/tuesdays-favorite-finds-12-camping-quilts/
Procrastination get behind me

Lowena

Re: This is what I aspire to.......
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 13:53:17 PM »
Hmm... not a fan of such quilts myself. They're very clever but just not my  :drink: However, I'd love to see yours  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bogwoppit

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 16:48:21 PM »
The first one is the same style as a friend of mine who makes embroidered pictures and then gets them printed as cards etc.
Tanya something, i cant remember her last name as never used it!
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Vegegrow

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 19:07:19 PM »
I like them .. they are clever but how big are they ? they look like pieces of art rather than quilts... which I think of as bed/ snuggle size... that's not saying I wouldn't put one in a frame
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lantana

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 20:00:55 PM »
Oh I like those ... my favourite was the fire. Yes I aspire to making quilts like that too! Give it a go!  :)

L :vintage:

Holly Berry

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 11:23:37 AM »
Hmm... not a fan of such quilts myself. They're very clever but just not my  :drink: However, I'd love to see yours  :flower:

I wouldn't hold your breath, Lowena, I'm nowhere skilled enough with FMQ or have the imagination  :( I will have to do a lot more practicing.
Procrastination get behind me

QuiltySisty

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 16:19:42 PM »
Oooh, I love the last one! Very clever!

talamasca

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »
 Oooo I do love these 'art' quilts.  I'd not seen any until going to Harrogate Quilt Show last year and they're fab.  I especially love it when different materials are added too.....wonderfully creative