The Sewing Place

Hello

ajuga

Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm Ajuga. Pleased to be here. I have always enjoyed sewing but not done any dressmaking since I was a teenager - long time ago! I seem to spend more time adding to my stash than sewing so must put that right. I also have a 5 year old GD who loves sewing on my old hand crank Singer so am enjoying teaching her.

Lowena

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »
Yo Peeps! Lowena here, raring to go!. Thanks to F,N and A for getting us going; I'm always willing to pitch in and help where I can.
I am an ex headteacher, originally from Essex, but living now in the Wild West of Cornwall.
Although I am unbelievably 70 this year, I have only been sewing for 5yrs.
I only do P and Q so am always to be found lurking on The Dark Side ( or having a cuppa in the cafe  ;) )
Looking forward to chatting to friends... old an new. Onward and Upward  8)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 16:06:36 PM »
Hi.  I have been ridiculously excited about this and then, although I haven't worked all week, I got a call to go into work today.  Aaagh. 
I am 50 something and live in the West Midlands.  I love patchwork and quilting although I am still a beginner.  I was inactive on TSF until January when I became addicted to the BOM.  I am delighted to be part of this new forum and so grateful to those who made it possible.

stitchingcarol

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 17:52:12 PM »
Hello from me too.  A huge thank you to all who have made this forum possible.   So glad to be back.

Addict

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 19:33:20 PM »
Hello from me .a huge thank you to everyone getting this forum going

supergran

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 20:30:23 PM »
Hello everyone, supergran here. Originally from the north east, I spent most of my adult life on the beautiful Isle of Wight before retiring to Spain. I rarely make clothes because I'm rubbish at it but I love patchwork and quilting, so the dark side is my main port of call.
Thank you everyone who made the forum possible, it's great to be back.

Silver Rose

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 09:20:35 AM »
Good to meet you C3PO, I was a computer manager before I retired to enjoy sewing even more so I know what it is like when things crash around you, although I'm sure you will look after us! :)
Still learning

Holly Berry

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 10:44:27 AM »
Morning C3PO, good to meet you. Won't be able to give any computer advice, but hopefully will be able to help on the sewing side.

Big thanks to everyone who helped set up this site. Looking forward to meeting up with old and new virtual friends.
Procrastination get behind me

Lowena

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 10:48:07 AM »
Hi, especially to Super Gran and Pearl....... the more the merrier over on The Dark Side  :toast:
Triumph of hope over experience :D