The Sewing Place

Contests in 2019

Sakar

Re: Contests in 2019
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 20:11:22 PM »
Thanks for this list @Manuela, it really helps planning :)

And yes, @Iminei is right, do we have such a list for the dark side too?

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 01:18:33 AM »
I'm fattered that you used my idea @Manuela.

I will need the stash busting to stay open until at least 2020  ;)

Pardon my giggles. Not making fun of, but laughing at the wonderful oddities we get in this age of auto correct & auto complete. "Fattered"....hee hee.  ;)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 01:27:45 AM »
Can you come up with a list for the Darkside @Manuela  ???

When I saw this I thought, but Iminei does that I think. Then I saw it was you Im. With other stuff you've related recently I don't blame you for wanting to shed the thinking cap on this one.

I can help with ideas but I'm not well versed in what sew-alongs & competitions the Dark Side normally does. Do we do full quilts besides the Project Linus one, or mostly blocks and smaller projects? I've got two or three super simple quilt ideas, some table top accessories ideas including for the sewing space, applique and P & Q block small projects, pot holders, and of course-

Pincushions! We could definitely do pincushions! (notice how I keep bringing up pincushions...)

Sakar

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
Pincushions! We could definitely do pincushions! (notice how I keep bringing up pincushions...)

You should have taken part in the secret Santa swap to get a nice pincushion  :D

Manuela

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 12:53:38 PM »
Can you come up with a list for the Darkside @Manuela  ???

As much as I’d love to help, I know too little about the Darkside I’m afraid.
The list was pretty much a team effort  :), many contributed to it
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:55:54 PM by Manuela »

Manuela

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 13:19:06 PM »
@Francesca that sounds like an excellent plan....

renita

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 02:12:28 AM »
What a great list - looks like you'll be keeping us busy next year Manuela - thanks for putting such a great range of contests together.

Like most of us, I have plenty of stash to work with for the first contest at least!  It'll be a matter of getting into action as soon as possible after the holidays. 

I'd love to have another go at SWAKOP again next year and there looks like there's some great contests running alongside it that could supply garments for the collection.

How exciting!

WendyW

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 03:15:58 AM »
Good list! I see several I may take part in! Thanks to those who worked to put the list together!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 08:43:40 AM »
Lots of great options for contests thank you @Manuela , not all currently appeal to me, but I'll try to join in where I can.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 01:57:41 AM »
@Manuela , since we've been talking alternative contests on various threads, I thought I'd request your consideration about the sewing for little ones coming up in March I believe. You included clothes for Fur Babies. Ever try to dress a cat?  :meow: Didn't think so. One or both of you need to be on Valium.

Alternatively could I possibly sew for my 18" Madame Alexander American Girl type doll? I don't think we have a category for it otherwise. Unless we go for sewing for others, in which case you'll be wanting me to seek psychiatric help.  ;)

Otherwise I see a few possibilities later in the year now that I've had a re-look. Pint sized Posh Frock anyone?  :devil:

Manuela

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2019, 03:14:09 AM »
No problem, @Renegade Sewist. As furry babies are included, we might as well include dolls.....

Helen M

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2019, 09:59:02 AM »
Any chance we could have another 'stash' contest later in the year @Manuela?

I wasn't able to take part as I've not been here much but was looking forward to the chance of using up some of mine.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2019, 10:28:43 AM »
Birthday Girl that sounds like a delightful idea.  :flower: I need more than a month on things like this; I'm just too slow and have way too much  :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric:.

annieeg

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
Good idea!

Helen M

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2019, 10:51:11 AM »
I like your idea as well @Francesca.

How about maybe a quarterly stash sew along that would give us a bit of a deadline to work for? Say 1st Jan - 31 Mar and so on?
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55