The Sewing Place

Perhaps I need an embroidery machine after all! :o

Iminei

Re: Perhaps I need an embroidery machine after all! :o
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 07:08:16 AM »
Oooh Me Miss, Please Miss.... (shoots hand up in air)

Whilst at Exeter I saw the top of the range Brother Sewing/Embroiderers with....

LASER SIGHT!!!!!

aaaahhhhh!

The lady, well girl, child really on the stand even offered me a go!!  :D

I had to refuse, not in my lifetime will I own a machine costing 4 1/2 or even 6 1/2 K

and it would've been foolish to try it out, but oohhh!!! those Summmerr niiiiigghts laser sights!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:07:02 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 08:07:57 AM »
Hahahaha.  I know the Brother rep.  Ruth does look very young and is lovely. The laser is interesting but I'm not convinced by it.  However the camera would be awesome for those of us with old eyes and for positioning embroidery precisely.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 08:14:07 AM »
It's difficult to suggest a machine model.  If you're looking at s cond hand you will just have to look at what is available.  The 800e is a nice machine and I think it has the size you need.  Don't go smaller than that.  Many of the designs coming out are being digitised for larger hoops and they are starting to ignore the 4x4 a bit more. 
The nine thing I would suggest is that you make sure it has a USB port so you just need a memory stick for it.  If it only has a card slot it's a very old machine and you would need software to get designs onto the machine. 

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 10:11:55 AM »
the camera would be awesome for those of us with old eyes

Its got a CAMERA ????!!!!

Next thing you'll tell me is that it makes your tea and butters your toast!

Sorry if you felt I insulted your friend. She was very nice but did look awfully young to be demoing these machines.

What they really need is someone more in their demographic who has in depth knowledge of the machine because she got to take it home for 6 months.......oh go on then, a year!

Brother??? Are you listening?? My home phone is 0125........

I love the world I live in! no sharp edges or dangerous objects!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 13:52:09 PM »
the camera would be awesome for those of us with old eyes

Its got a CAMERA ????!!!!

Next thing you'll tell me is that it makes your tea and butters your toast!

Sorry if you felt I insulted your friend. She was very nice but did look awfully young to be demoing these machines.

What they really need is someone more in their demographic who has in depth knowledge of the machine because she got to take it home for 6 months.......oh go on then, a year!

Brother??? Are you listening?? My home phone is 0125........

I love the world I live in! no sharp edges or dangerous objects!

Hahahaha.  No she's not a friend.  I know her through work. And it would help if I got her name right.  0_0. She,s Rachel. Don't know where Ruth came from :|

Yes the TOL machine has a camera so you can focus on the stitching area where the needle is going in.  Sadly none of the machines makes tea etc.  Waiting for one that makes coffee on the end of the machine. Might find the money then.  But this machine does take up a serious amount of room. Looks great at a show etc but get it home and ????  I'm not sure have room

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 13:56:06 PM »
Yeah I noticed the humungosity of it ... and mentioned it to RachelRuth.

But in the end I was completely honest and said there was no way I could afford it so I'll take a rain-check...
and RachelRuth was fine, not p*****d off that I had wasted any of her time at all.