Stash Busting Contest - January 1st to January 31st

toileandtrouble

Re: Stash Busting Contest - January 1st to January 31st
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2019, 13:27:10 PM »
TnT Entry No 1
Short sleeved t-shirt
Pattern is Kwiksew 3915  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
This is a remnant of brown velour. Only 1m so took a bit of fiddling to make it work. FBA with dart on the sides. Shortened it slightly and cut the front neck facing lengthways.  It does help stabilise it.  The ruching on the neck doesn't show up too well but makes a bit of interest.

1m from stash. Have to start somewhere!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 16:04:27 PM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

toileandtrouble

« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2019, 13:32:08 PM »
TnT entry No 2
Another t-shirt from the same pattern but omitting the ruching.  Neckline raised slightly and band of contrast around the neck.
37.5" of multi-striped  jersey. Slightly on the small side, but just enough with a bit of ingenuity.  Shorter than pattern again  but FBA without a dart, the jersey is quite accommodating.  Had to piece both sleeves  but the stripes easy to match up down the outsides. 2.5" off another length of jersey to make the neckband  =40"  = 1m

2m gone from stash

Tried to put them both in one post, but inserting the second picture overwrote the first one so there were two the same.  Going off technology.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 13:34:01 PM by toileandtrouble »

Acorn

« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2019, 13:51:53 PM »
When you've added one attachment you must click on 'more attachments' to add another one.  If you just click on 'browse' again it will overwrite the first one.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2019, 15:19:59 PM »
Thank you muchly.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2019, 00:06:29 AM »
TnT Entry No 3
Fell at the last hurdle.  Given up at 11.30pm, just got to lock up etc and off to bed.  Still have centre back hem to finish and sew down lining. I have 4 buttons covered, not sewn on and no buttonholes.  We had visitors again on Saturday afternoon - we never have visitors!  Anyhow, it has achieved its objective, another 5m out of stash (top fabric, underlining and lining)  and (almost) my jacket done.  Well done everyone.
And this is where I got to

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 15:50:09 PM by toileandtrouble »

Popeye09

« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2019, 17:10:48 PM »
I don't really have a "stash" as such in that I don't tend to buy fabric pre-emptively, I just get it for immediate purposes. I do have a box of off-cuts left over from previous things though. And I'd been planning for ages to make a tailor's ham and sleeve roll with some leftovers, but I hadn't got round to it. So thanks to this challenge for bumping me into actually getting around to doing it last night!

De-stashed length (drumroll please)...

...12".  0_0

toileandtrouble

« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2019, 18:08:31 PM »
But jolly useful!

wrenkins

« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2019, 08:03:25 AM »
I don't really have a "stash" as such in that I don't tend to buy fabric pre-emptively, I just get it for immediate purposes.
I tried this in Google translate but I'm afraid it doesn't make sense in any language! 0_0
Great use of leftovers.   :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2019, 18:55:27 PM »
Finally got round to putting batteries in camera so here is entry 5. We have been invited to another family wedding in June so thought I would get ahead and make a dress. The fabric is about 6 years old and left over from a skirt I wore to the last family wedding I went to. Hope nobody remembers the fabric. It is really curtaining fabric but who cares, it will probably only be worn the once. Just hoping the venue doesn't have the curtains  0_0
It is lined, so with the little bag/brooches, fabric used was 3 3/4 metres.

Amended, sorry forgot to put total fabric used to date = 9 3/4
I have also made another dress for the Diva but still waiting for snaps to arrive. Can I submit without?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:26:10 AM by Manuela »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

toileandtrouble

« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2019, 19:15:33 PM »
That's embroidered isn't it? I got a length on a coppery gold background, just waiting to be bold enough to wear it, but I love it. It does need an 'event'.   The pink is pretty.

Lachica

« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2019, 19:37:33 PM »
@sewmuchmore that is beautiful. I like the embellishments on the bag too.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lyn-J

« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2019, 13:20:57 PM »
I managed to make 2 pairs of leggings within the time limit, no photos though. This thread spurred my sewing along, Can we carry on after the contest, or merge it with the UFOs?

Manuela

« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2019, 02:32:53 AM »
I managed to make 2 pairs of leggings within the time limit, no photos though. This thread spurred my sewing along, Can we carry on after the contest, or merge it with the UFOs?

There will be a sewalong after the voting is finished for this contest  :)

Manuela

« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2019, 04:35:38 AM »
Remember, today is the last day to get your entries and pictures up. I’ll open the voting thread tomorrow  :)

toileandtrouble

« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2019, 09:58:48 AM »
Sorry Manuela, just to point out that my 3rd entry can't go in the voting, because i didn't finish it until the day after.  :(
Hope you are enjoying your break.