The Sewing Place

Stash Busting Contest - January 1st to January 31st

Manuela

Re: Stash Busting Contest - January 1st to January 31st
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2019, 05:15:52 AM »
@Lachica is this your second entry for the contest? Could you please clarify whether you make 4 shirts or 6 shirts in total?
Thank you  :)

Lachica

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2019, 08:01:13 AM »
@Manuela one entry, 4 shirts, 5m stash used.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Manuela

« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2019, 08:37:56 AM »
@Manuela one entry, 4 shirts, 5m stash used.

Thank you  :)

Kwaaked

« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2019, 09:46:39 AM »
If I get around to the pics and stuff, would it be easier for one photo and list of fabric and meters/yards used?

Fiona M

« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »
Gosh, you're all so quick offthe mark!
I'm planning to sew this: https://sewdifferent.co.uk/scoop-pinafore-multisize-sewing-pattern/
I have several pieces of denim to choose from.  Hopefully will cut out either this evening or tomorrow.

Lyn-J

« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2019, 10:56:09 AM »
They're going in the wash now to remove soluble stabiliser and blue pen marks for notches.

@Lachica , be careful about putting blue pen marks straight in the wash as sometimes this can leave a stain. Rinse in cold water first.

Can you sew along with this, or do you have to enter the competition?
My plan was to do 31 makes in 31 days  :S, how far have I got 0/31  ><.

Lachica

« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2019, 11:02:09 AM »
Thanks @Lyn-J this is water soluble fabric marker pen.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Manuela

« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2019, 11:23:15 AM »
If I get around to the pics and stuff, would it be easier for one photo and list of fabric and meters/yards used?

One submission post per project including pictures and comments is fine with me. If you want to post about your progress, even better  :)
Just make sure I understand what you want to see in the voting thread as your entry (or entries when you complete more than one project)  ;)

Greybird

« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »
I'm a bit confused about this now - is the aim of it to make something solely from stash or is it the amount of stash used?

Manuela

« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »
I'm a bit confused about this now - is the aim of it to make something solely from stash or is it the amount of stash used?
The former is the aim, the latter gives you bonus points.
See the first post of this thread, point 5....  :)

Lyn-J

« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2019, 13:51:44 PM »
this is water soluble fabric marker pen.
they can recact with soap powder to produce brown marks, I ruined a shirt like this.

Acorn

« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2019, 16:50:19 PM »

The former is the aim, the latter gives you bonus points.
See the first post of this thread, point 5....  :)

I missed this bit.  I think this rules me out - I vowed not to do anymore competitions that demanded bulk sewing after the 'one pattern three ways' last year!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Manuela

« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2019, 19:22:27 PM »
@Acorn, no bulk sewing required, you’ll just get a bonus point for each yard of stash you use up  :)

Acorn

« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2019, 19:33:53 PM »
But that's the point - if I make just one item I will only use up at most 3 metres.  If other people are making lots of items they're going to get so many bonus points that it won't be a competition unless I do sew in bulk.

Presumably this also means that it will be one entry per person rather than per item - so, again, making one item isn't really going to cut it.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sewingsue

« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2019, 19:39:55 PM »
But that's the point - if I make just one item I will only use up at most 3 metres.  If other people are making lots of items they're going to get so many bonus points that it won't be a competition unless I do sew in bulk.

Presumably this also means that it will be one entry per person rather than per item - so, again, making one item isn't really going to cut it.
But even if you don't win or even get many points it will have given you the incentive to do a bit of stash busting.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.