The Sewing Place

Sashiko update

Sandra

Re: Sashiko update
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 10:23:53 AM »
I'm not great with hand sewing.  ><  Probably due to my sewing job. I've always need to sew quickly and efficiently to get the work done...But I'm looking forward to trying this.  :)

My kit is to make a mini tote bag, or a cafe apron.
The apron's really cute, but I think a bag will be more useful.

Sandra.
xxx

jintie

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 14:53:34 PM »
I posted a new topic under machines (Sashiko machine).
Rottweiler with scissors

jintie

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 06:36:17 AM »
Machine update- I set up my Babylock Sashiko machine yesterday, determined ro master it. Well, after three hours of making a dozen stitches then the thread  breaking,  I took a break and watched their demo. Tried again, longer run but still thread breaking. I am using the cheap polyester that works on all my orger machines. Any suggestions?
Rottweiler with scissors

Celia

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 07:50:43 AM »
I have a friend with one of these machines I will phone her later to check the thread she uses. I am interested as I have considered getting one of these machines but am worried I won’t use it enough

jintie

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 09:02:12 AM »
Thanks Celia. Can you visit your friend and try out something small (like stitching on napkins) to get a feel of how much you would use it? It is a big, heavy, expensive machine.
Rottweiler with scissors

Celia

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
@jintie  I am sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, my friend was a bit difficult to track down, she spends a lot of time in Italy.  Her answer was she usually uses a 30 weight thread for the best effects but has not found a problem with most of the normal brands, she does use Madeira a lot.
She said when she has a problem it is usually the threading.
Hope this helps

Do let me know how you get on