The Sewing Place

Ottobre knit jacket

dolcevita

Ottobre knit jacket
« on: April 01, 2017, 17:21:54 PM »
I can't claim any stashbusting with this jacket as I bought the fabric specifically for the project, but it certainly didn't hang around.

I saw an outfit on pinterest some while ago and really wanted a similar jacket, so I bought some striped ponte roma from Minerva (not the cheapest but lovely quality) and used an Ottobre pattern that I've made before, so no tracing out this time around.  It was the 'Easy knit jacket' from the 5/2013 issue.  I chose this pattern mainly because there were no princess seams or long vertical seams down the front or back that would interrupt the stripes; it's also a very straightforward pattern.  The main difference is that I chose to line it this time around as I couldn't live with the exposed seams and binding them would have been too bulky.

It's had its first outing already, and many more to come.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Ottobre knit jacket
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 20:03:54 PM »
Nice one DV. Nice clean lines for the fabric.  Is that a tuck at the neckline?  Just gives a bit of interest and movement in the fabric.

Morgan

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 21:20:01 PM »
Another winner - it's a style that works really well for dressing up or down

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:22:57 AM »
Lovely jacket DV, the striped fabric is lovely.   I keep threatening to try a jacket, but never seem to manage it.

Maybe this one of yours will inspire me!

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.