The Sewing Place

2019 BOM ... Any takers?

Iminei

2019 BOM ... Any takers?
« on: December 15, 2018, 10:08:22 AM »
Would we like to continue the BOM ???

Is there anyone on here who would like to Bring 2019's BOM to The Darkside???

You know the drill, One block a month (of a similar size) with destructions and pictures that a two year old can understand?

Or as a jobshare????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

Re: 2019 BOM ... Any takers?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 10:16:36 AM »
I got a free thing with my magazine yesterday and wished I could do photos and things. It's twelve blocks and would be perfect for BOM, although it is quite trad and I prefer the more modern ones.

Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Bogwoppit

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 13:05:20 PM »
I really enjoy them when I have time to sew.

If it's too much for someone to do maybe we could find links to different tutorials aroubd the web and carry on like that?
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 14:27:26 PM »
Not sure I'm qualified to comment as I've only made two this year, but I did enjoy making all 13 last year. 

Why don't we each take a turn?  If they were all 12", it would make a lovely quilt to remind us of the friendship we find on here.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 20:18:50 PM »
That sounds like a great idea @Pearl  ....

Maybe we should register our interest in this thread for doing one ... hopefully 12 of us will step forward ...???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 09:05:35 AM »
That sounds like a great idea @Pearl  ....

Maybe we should register our interest in this thread for doing one ... hopefully 12 of us will step forward ...???

OK. Should we do this with some sort of a theme, so we have blocks that would work together in a quilt if so desired? Will it be strictly P & Q, or include applique and/or paper piecing (shudder)?

My machine embroidery group did monthly exchanges and as a theme that wasn't too restricted each month had as theme something seasonally related to the theme. Examples August was late Summer, September was school related (back to school here), October was Hallowe'en, etc. Just a thought for starters.

I'm thinking I could do October. Yes, Hallowe'en. No one should be surprised, assuming we pick a concept that Hallowe'en would work for. If not, it gives me time to invent an idea, test it, try to make a tutorial-hahahahaha- and get it online-double haha.

I'll try to take a look at what you've done in the past to inspire me.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Pearl

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 09:10:53 AM »
OK. Should we do this with some sort of a theme, so we have blocks that would work together in a quilt if so desired? Will it be strictly P & Q, or include applique and/or paper piecing (shudder)?

I would prefer not to have a theme but for each TSPer to make a block that represents them, so you, @Renegade Sewist , making a Hallowe'en block would be great because we know you have made lots of wonderful Hallowe'en quilts.  Applique would be good, but paper piecing has been a separate BOM.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 09:51:50 AM »
I would prefer not to have a theme but for each TSPer to make a block that represents them, so you, @Renegade Sewist , making a Hallowe'en block would be great because we know you have made lots of wonderful Hallowe'en quilts.  Applique would be good, but paper piecing has been a separate BOM.

Sounds like an excellent "theme".  :D Good news about the paper piecing, as I loathe doing it. Results are lovely but the process, eeww.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.