« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 11:23:39 AM by Ragtimedoll »

Manuela

Re: Computer Guide HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 04:24:31 AM »
@Ragtimedoll what can we help you with?

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 11:31:54 AM »
If RTD doesnt respond within 24 hours (12 pm Monday) delete the thread ok? Its obviously a mistake.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 12:21:11 PM »
Agree
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 12:36:54 PM »
I do hope her computer didn't eat her while she was posting.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

arrow

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 17:24:00 PM »
I do hope her computer didn't eat her while she was posting.

I've read it's a common problem with the new macbook air, owners disappear and noone really knows what happened.

Ragtimedoll

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 19:02:56 PM »
@arrow and @Acorn
Told you I needed help my computer did eat me however released me as it did not like the taste :)
@Manuela
Help for these please.
1) How do you upload photos?
2) How do you use a quote in your post from another persons post.?
3) How do you read all the posts of the day without returning to the home page and going through all the topics

Thanking you in advance

Don't quite know what happened to the post, did an edit and forgot to press post I went to re-write but ended in posting nothing sorry!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 19:07:10 PM by Ragtimedoll »

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 20:44:02 PM »
1.  Click on the plus sign where it says 'Attachments and other options' below the posting box.   Then click on 'Browse' and find your file.  If you want the image to appear inside your post (rather than underneath it) click on 'Insert Attachment'.

If you add more than one attachment, make sure you click on (more attachments) and don't try to add it in the same place as the previous one.

NB  Attachments are a benefit for subscribers as they can take up a lot of space space on the server - but anyone can use the following system, which doesn't! 

If the images appear somewhere else on the internet rather than on your computer, click on the little picture icon (extreme right, second row above the smileys that are above the posting box) and put the address for the image in between the img tags.

2.  Click on the green box that says 'Actions' at the top of the person's post, then choose 'Quote'.  If you don't want to quote the entire post, dlete what you don't want - and make sure your own words are outside the 'quote tags' (this will make sense when you try quoting.

3.  At the top of each page, on the right hand side in the blue bit, it says 'Unread Topics'.  This will show you all the threads that you haven't read.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:09:57 AM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ragtimedoll

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 09:05:00 AM »
Wow! thanks Acorn :flower: this is great! never need to use a computer much, can't you tell!