The Sewing Place

Croft Mill

Holly Berry

Croft Mill
« on: January 14, 2019, 11:30:53 AM »
I have, over the last few years bought quite a lot of fabric from here and been pleased with it. Whenever I’ve ordered something that they no longer had or not enough they would phone me

Just before Christmas I bought 2 pieces of crepe at £14 a mtr and matching lining. The cost came to just over £100. It took a couple of days to arrive as usual, they never send out next day, and when it arrived one of the linings was missing. Profuse apologies and said would be sent out 1st class and arrived next day.

Set about cutting out one of the dresses I was to make, only to find instead of 3 mtrs of fabric I had less than 1mtr and by the creases in the fabric, it looked like my 3 mtrs had been cut off the end of the roll and the end of the roll had been put in the parcel instead of the 3mtrs. So another phone call. Again apologies, but the fabric was now out of stock, on order but wouldn’t be in until the following Wednesday and please would I return the off cut before they could send out the 3 mtrs. When I went to parcel up the offcut I noticed it wasn’t straight and one side was 75cm and the other 45cm. Another phone call to ask if they really wanted to pay the postage. They said not to return!!The 3 mtrs arrived the Wednesday morning they were due to receive their order!!

The following week I received a duplicate order of all the fabrics. I phoned again, received another apology and was asked to return. I said send me the postage first and was told that didn’t operate like that, but post and they would refund it.

Took to the post office and the weight of it took it to just over £13. I emailed a copy of the postage receipt and waited for my refund. Nothing appeared so emailed them, no response until email from PayPal to say £5 had been refunded. So another phone call. Oh the lady said, if you read our terms and conditions we only refund upto £5 on returns. But this is your error I said, I’m not returning something I don’t want. Eventually she agreed to refund the difference. To date I’m still waiting.

They are still sending me marketing emails though! So disappointed as they have some good fabrics but their customer service needs looking at. With hindsight I should have said I don’t operate that way,if you want your fabric back, come and collect it.
Procrastination get behind me

sewingj

Re: Croft Mill
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:31 AM »
I buy from them occasionally but have found their website frustrating and they seem to list a lot of stuff which is actually out of stock.
Considering the number of years they have been in business they really should have got their customer service sorted