The Sewing Place

Muse Patterns Jenna Cardigan

Ploshkin

Muse Patterns Jenna Cardigan
« on: April 02, 2017, 10:45:43 AM »
Finally got this one completed.  I's been hanging around for 2 months waiting for fasteners.  I wanted to put snaps on it but failed to find any that would attach and/or work efficiently.  I had been avoiding buttons because I didn't fancy doing buttonholes on the already attached band with the great long Pfaff automatic buttonhole thing but managed it using my little vintage Lewenstein machine (that was given to me) with a 4 step buttonhole.
Fabric is a cheap sweatshirt fabric just to try out the pattern.  All stitched on the overlocker apart from the top stitching.  It is an easy pattern with the front pieces either cut flat or gathered into a yoke.  I used the yoke on this because of the plain fabric.  The only issue I had with the pattern was the ridiculously small armholes and odd shaped sleeve heads.  I recut them 'on the hoof' but will redraw the pattern in that area before I use it again - which I will.  It's odd because there are loads of reviews on Pattern Review but not one mentioned this problem.
Life's too short for ironing.

Catllar

Re: Muse Patterns Jenna Cardigan
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 14:06:50 PM »
I like that a lot. What wa the matter with the sleeve head? Was it "flat"?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 15:44:01 PM »
Was it "flat"?

No, it was the opposite, it seemed to be quite elongated and bore no relation to the armhole it was supposed to fit which itself was much too small.

Holly Berry

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 16:55:32 PM »
It looks as if the gathers on the yoke are pulling the arm syce in. I wonder if it's been drafted from another pattern and no or little allowance for the gathers?
Procrastination get behind me

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 17:13:06 PM »
I love a nice cardigan....may have a go at this.

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 17:54:49 PM »
There is an add on for different necklines and sleeves though I didn't get that.  It's actually very comfortable to wear and once I've tweaked the pattern I can see me using it a lot.