The Sewing Place

Lekala 4424 - another UFO completed

Ploshkin

Lekala 4424 - another UFO completed
« on: April 02, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »
This one has been hanging up waiting for buttons since last summer (that's how hard it is to find buttons round here)
Fabric is a linen look cotton from Doughty Bros.  The picture hanging up makes it look a bit shapeless but it has princess seams and is a really good fit.  It buttons down the back.  This was my first ever Lekala pattern and the measurements were spot on.
Life's too short for ironing.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Lekala 4424 - another UFO completed
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
Nice one!  Like the hem detail. Just a bit different. I love petal sleeves and have a few dresses I,ve made with them.   But I HATE ironing them.  They are such a pain and time consuming.   :)

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
I've remembered that the pattern had a big flouncy bow where the curved fronts meet - definitely not me so I did a small shoelace one with the binding fabric instead.
Life's too short for ironing.

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 17:13:51 PM »
That's really pretty...

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 18:37:19 PM »
I've remembered that the pattern had a big flouncy bow where the curved fronts meet - definitely not me so I did a small shoelace one with the binding fabric instead.

0_0 0_0. Yep big flouncy bow wouldn't be my choice either!  Your delicate one is much more stylish.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »
Lovely blouse Plosh, just in time for the warmer weather.  I love the front detail, and I like a button up the back blouse too.  Not looked at Lekala for ages, must have a glance over there :)

I'm going to be starting on the UFO's after Easter (must finish the Peter Rabbits first), because the pile is just growong higher and higher!!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.