The Sewing Place

Just a quick tally up on 2018's BOMHOF entrants

Iminei

Just a quick tally up on 2018's BOMHOF entrants
« on: December 22, 2018, 14:26:16 PM »
Ok, Ive been doing a quick tally on the entrants for this years BOM
and though we started out strongly with a massive 16 peeps undertaking the early BOM's
they soon whittled down to a hardcore 5 who have completed all 12 ...

Well there would be 5 if @Cheesecake had not mysteriously disappeared from the radar in October;
if she comes in for a photo finish with three blocks before midnight on 31st December this year,
then there will indeed be FIVE lucky winners of the 2018 BOM Prize Winners Badge!

The confirmed winners so far this year, with loads of time to spare, are ....

(in alphabetical order)

Acorn

Mali

Sandra

Stitchintime

Congratulations Ladies, and here's hoping for a few last minute surprises from  who knows who ?????

Im not infallible and if I have missed your entries, please let me know so I can put it right
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

Re: Just a quick tally up on 2018's BOMHOF entrants
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 14:46:04 PM »
Last we heard Cheesecake was struggling with a new pup and a growing bump. Some people will go to any lengths to slack off!  0_0
Me? I just slack off without going to any lengths at all...  :[

Well done all.  :angel:

I'm half way down the road that is paved with good intentions. Still...it'll be next year soon.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 14:55:37 PM »
Well done, @Acorn , @maliw , @Sandra , @StitchinTime .  Come on now, @Cheesecake , no excuses!   :D

I'm with you on that road, @wrenkins, although this year's poxy total of two BOMs completed is much more typical of me than last year's 13.

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 15:31:28 PM »
I am determined @Pearl. Determined I tell you.  :ninja:
I want a badge and since I'm unlikely to never gonna win one it's my only feasible route. I went mental slightly overspent in the Craftsy sales and I now have yards of yardage. Acres actually.  :| Those yard bundles were soooo pretty and so very very reasonably priced.  :( and then there was the almost free kit that (if I leave the poinsettia fabric out  :x) matches my room perfectly. The wadding is cheaper than UK and since I was paying the P&P anyway......on and on it went.  :[
Anyway...bottom line is 2019 is my year.  :D
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 20:14:03 PM »
Congratulations to the 4 who made the finish line.  I definitely got the wooden spoon this year with just one completed BOM.
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 09:45:21 AM »
Sorry, No can do Plosh ... I got you down for TWO!!!

January and February!

and Errmmmm, regarding next year Ladies .....  Has this passed you by ???
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 09:51:41 AM by Iminei »

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »
Hmmm..... didn't you get the 12 photos I sent in? Shirley surely some dodgy admin somewhere  :devil:
I wondered why I wasn't being showered with accolades @Iminei @Pearl @Ploshkin  @BrendaP  et al ...... I'll await my badge with dignity and forebearance  :angel:
Congrats to those who made such gorgeous blocks throughout the year  :toast: especially those who finished the whole kit and caboodle  :toast:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

StitchinTime

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 19:50:18 PM »
It highly unlikely that my blocks will become a finished quilt in 2018, but they have become a completed flimsy. December’s 3D Santa block was rather too much of a challenge to include, but fortunately I had a spare block from July.

I’ve no idea yet what type of quilting to do, but the binding will be in the same fabric as the black which frames each block.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 19:55:34 PM »
That is wonderful!  Is flimsy a word for a pieced top that hasn't been made into anything yet?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 01:40:15 AM »
That is wonderful!  Is flimsy a word for a pieced top that hasn't been made into anything yet?

Yes, some people call a finished top a flimsy. An online friend who left us last year called them that and I found it charming, as I make more P & Q tops than quilts.  :D I read once in a book about the quilters from Gee's Bend that one of the ladies referred to pieced tops as being as good as gold. Then anytime you needed a quilt, wedding gift, replace a worn one, etc. all you had to do was layer & quilt it. I liked that too.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 01:42:43 AM »
Sorry, No can do Plosh ... I got you down for TWO!!!

January and February!

and Errmmmm, regarding next year Ladies .....  Has this passed you by ???

I saw it and have volunteered my incredible services for October. (Because it will take me that long to create a tutorial and do photos.  ><) One down, eleven to go....
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Pearl

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 07:39:47 AM »
I’m in, @Renegade Sewist .  Two down, ten to go. 

Iminei

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »
Ladies, ladies ... What are we talking about here??

This thread was making sure I hadnt missed any 2018 BOM entries ...

and on that case, so far (unless Cheesecake comes through for a photo finish) we have 4 completers who will be receiving exclusive TSP prize winner badges in the first week or two of the New Year.

The fate of the TSP BOM 2019 is very dubious at this moment. I certainly havent done any, so 2018 might just be the last TSP BOM for you darksiders. Sorry!

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 08:57:45 AM »
That is WONDERFUL @StitchinTime  ...
Run along to the completed project section in the BOMHOF now and open the fizz!!!!

:angel:      :toast:

Cheesecake

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 15:03:26 PM »
Hmm so you’re all expecting me to be super busy tomorrow...  Have to say it is tempting to try finish off the last three (hope it’s not more I’m missing)!Okay think may have to give it a go, early night tonight.