The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place’s Year-Long UFO challenge 1.01.2019 - 31.12.2019

SewRuthieSews

Re: The Sewing Place’s Year-Long UFO challenge 1.01.2019 - 31.12.2019
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2019, 15:50:43 PM »
I've been having a tidy up/sort of and I found some UFOs.
New projects always seem so much more exciting!

Pearl

Re: The Sewing Place’s Year-Long UFO challenge 1.01.2019 - 31.01.2019
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2019, 19:27:58 PM »

7. MIL's quilt - not my MIL.  Bought at a car boot sale from someone whose mother-in-law had died.  It was short and wide and I took it apart to integrate my own fabrics.

Not sure what to do with this one.  Considered sending it to Quilts 4 Care Leavers for someone else to finish, but not sure what could be done to it to make it appeal to youngsters. 

(Did I mention I was unsure?)

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2019, 21:52:11 PM »
Been on a bit of a sewing hiatus for months. But have got my mojo back now.

Trying to work out what I've seen this year and can't for the life of me remember what the three UFOs I refer to in my signature were.

What I do remember I have done since Jan first.

Cut out 3 metres of faux fur and 3 of lining from stash to make a wrap as part of the original stash busting competition. Finished last week.

Cut up an enormous drop shouldered burgundy silk blouse found by a friend in a charity shop. Started turning it into a t-shirt. For a recycling completion here. Finished a month ago.

Bought 2 metres of blue and black fabric for the singing the blues competition. Then as I was working only 10 minutes walk from Soho bought another 2 metres of blue silk which was more suitable for a day dress.  Finished yesterday.

Made a t-shirt from a glittery fabric from funky fabrics from stash. Finished yesterday. About a metre.

Made purple spiders top from metre of cotton fabric from stash. Finished for Halloween.

Made top from gray skulls fabric from stash. A metre of fabric and finished in the summer.

Finished off black silk jersey top. Fabric bought during a get together from the last forum and been a UFO for years!

Finished off black and white floral dress from scuba fabric. 

Made a small handbag from odd remnants of other projects. Say half a metre. Done last week.

Bought 2 metres of silk suiting and red lining from Berwick street as happened to be passing and was wearing a dress that needed a matching jacket. Any excuse!

So this year I have bought 10 metres of fabric and sewn 11 1/2. Plus finished two UFOs and repurposed a blouse.

I don't think one and a half metres of stash busting is very impressive. Just need to blame working in Holborn for the purchases!

There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Pearl

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2019, 18:19:10 PM »
1. DS1's disappearing 9 patch - currently being quilted. Finished!
2. Jan Hassard's Spirals - begun at a workshop over a year ago.  Has been worked on recently but a long way to go. I have recently sourced fabric for the border.  The end is in sight.
3. TSP Mystery Quilt - I love it but indecision over size brought it to a halt.  Top finished, backing pieced.
 Ready to be sandwiched.

4. Swoon houses  I can't even find this.  Well, that's one way to reduce the number of UFOs.
5. Katharine Guerrier's Scrappy Houses quilt - begun when I was new and enthusiastic.  Some blocks are too big.  May become several smaller projects. 
6. Stack and slash quilt - needs sashing.  I've had an idea about this one!  Watch this space.
7. MIL's quilt - not my MIL.  Bought at a car boot sale from someone whose mother-in-law had died.  It was short and wide and I took it apart to integrate my own fabrics.  I have just off-loaded this in the Q4CL Fabric Friends group.  Someone else will finish it!
8. 4 patch chain quilt - begun at a BOM class.  I hate it but have spent too much money on it to throw it in the mud and stomp on it.  This one is going to a retreat with me in February, along with my Project Linus quilt for the TSP challenge.
9.  Jelly roll race - begun 4-5 years ago.  Only needs binding and has for 4-5 years.    :|

I hope this challenge will run again next year.  I may have a few more to add (but not the log cabin I have been hand sewing the border to the back of for the last 3 weeks).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 18:22:45 PM by Pearl »