Lyn-J

Re: The Sewing Place’s Year-Long UFO challenge 1.01.2019 - 31.01.2019
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 10:52:35 AM »
I have a cupboard crammed full of UFO's  :| :| :|
One goes back to 2013  :S

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 11:12:10 AM »
Only 2013? I'm sure I've got some that have marinated longer than that...cough...I'm just grateful we don't need to list all of them in the beginning and work against that list. I'm just assuming as I work my way through them more will come to the surface. Isn't that the way with these things?

@Manuela I'm adding another category to my tally list: chucked UFOs. I decided that I'm going to need a criterion for getting rid of ones if I don't want to work on them now. For every one I complete I can keep one for "later", but if I do I also have to get rid of one. Something like that. For me at this point removal is almost as good as completion. Both equal fewer UFO's.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
BTW*, @Manuela the date is off on the thread header. You've currently got it ending January 31.  :)

* by the way.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lowena

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 11:24:00 AM »
I don't have UFOs  :angel:
I don't have WIPs  :angel:
BUT I APPEAR TO HAVE ACQUIRED BOTH!! How did that happen???? :devil:

1. Fancy Forest quilt - half way through the blocks for the top
2. Awesome Ocean quilt - fabric bought, pattern bought
3. Dogs in Sweaters quilt - pattern bought
4. Quilt with no name - partially hand quilted ....... completed on January 30th.
5. Kantha Moongazing Hare - needs to be converted into a cushion
6. Kantha Winter Hare - needs to be converted into a cushion

Blimey... that's not me at all someone must have abducted me and replaced me with an alien...or......I'm picking up bad habits! Yes @Pearl  and @Iminei  I'm looking at you  :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 11:43:04 AM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Manuela

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 13:34:46 PM »
BTW*, @Manuela the date is off on the thread header. You've currently got it ending January 31.  :)

* by the way.
Ooops, thank you for alerting me....

Manuela

Re: The Sewing Place’s Year-Long UFO challenge 1.01.2019 - 31.12.2019
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 13:39:28 PM »
@WildAtlanticWay & @annieeg, here you go:
SWAKOP - Sewing With A Kind Of Plan
UFO - UnFinished Object
PHD - Project Half Done
WIP - Work In Progress
MLC - Manuela Likes Chocolate  :devil:

wrenkins

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 15:22:15 PM »
I forgot about my niece's Christmas quillow hanging over the ironing board in strips and the gazillion little squares of a wall hanging which went by the wayside when the cushion swap happened.... The boys' Christmas quillows, also half cut out and abandoned...

I'm a disgrace.  :(
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2019, 16:20:05 PM »
I forgot a quilt I'd started cutting fabrics for.... it's a Lintott quilt called "Old Gold"
I have now noted all my projects and will be ready to make inroads from tomorrow  :angel:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2019, 16:21:42 PM »
I forgot about my niece's Christmas quillow hanging over the ironing board in strips and the gazillion little squares of a wall hanging which went by the wayside when the cushion swap happened.... The boys' Christmas quillows, also half cut out and abandoned...

I'm a disgrace.  :(

Don't worry, @wrenkins .  There'll be another Christmas this year.   :)

fajita

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 22:57:51 PM »
UFO - I have a bird design cot quilt top, needs backing, wadding and binding.
I have two thirds of a flying horse quilt for a single bed. Need to buy fabric for.
And I have a collection of shapes on my working wall which will be ongoing, more of a plaything than a serious contender for completion, ever.

That's it, as far as I can remember. List might change when I open cupboard doors and actually look.

Cheesecake

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 13:22:20 PM »
Hmm not sure how much time I’ll have for sewing but would be nice to try get some things ticked off my list.

UFO’s:7

- 2x cushion covers using Mays BOM weave block- fronts not quite finished let alone quilting and finishing.
- nautical quilt for baby bump, now plan to use November’s BOM block for this.
- lap/cot quilt using Septembers BOM block in batiks.
- lone star cushion cover in batiks.
- trousers for my husband- mockup has been made for over a year and lost count of how many years he’s been pestering me for them.
- finish Christmas quilt I discovered I’d made the top for while I was hunting Christmas fabrics for BOM decembers Santa.
- curtains for spare room- I’ve had the fabric and supplies for a couple of years now.

I probably won’t get the trousers, curtains and maybe the Christmas quilt done as bigger projects but the rest I’d like to.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 13:24:23 PM by Cheesecake »

Manuela

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 14:00:45 PM »
@Cheesecake remember, you have a whole year  :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 17:33:00 PM »
I have a jacket in a dark olive green half done. I've had a couple of goes at it which has progressed it, but am not quite sure what I'd wear with it, maybe navy bottoms, or make some new ones in a co-ordinating striped trouser fabric?

Based on when I sewed up and blogged the trousers and skirt from the same fabric it might have been as long as 10 years ago (they were summer 2008) so maybe I cut out the jacket afterwards to make a suit look?
I have no idea what happened to the trousers and skirt (probably donated) and doubt they would fit me now if I still had them.... (perhaps they are bagged in the loft for reuse).

Anyway if I do a photo of where i am up to perhaps I can move it forwards later in the year.

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2019, 18:22:58 PM »
I have been thinking about this all day and the ones I can remember (without venturing into the chaos left behind in my sewing room from making an evening dress) are:

Black faux fur cape/throw. Bought the fake fur from a Joel and Sons sale several years ago.  Got as far as pinning the pattern pieces to it, deciding that the pattern wouldn't work die to the grain of the fabric, found another pattern, which was missing a piece but drafted  new one, needed them to shorten it as didn't have enough fabric and decided it needed lining. Got as far as cutting out the lining when undecided i wouldn't get it finished in time for the event I was making it for.

Black silk velvet dress.a pain to hem, I can't get the neckline to lay flat and it doesn't fit right at the waist.

Turquoise chiffon smakeskin dress.  Made as a wearable toil but a bit floaty for most uses

Blue and brown devore velvet dress.  Not sure why abandoned. But remember zip

Pink and black demin dress.  Too small. Not sure how I managed to do that as it was a pattern I had done before.

Brown and blue cotton dress. Lovely print but I wasn't happy with the pattern matching.

Brown wool jacket. Started as a semi chanel jacket. Method didn't work.

Burgundy top. Started as a recycling competition entry.  Abandoned when the competition closed.

Stretch top in blue / green.  Started two summers ago. Wanted to make a lot of ruffles. Decided though that it was more christmassy than summery and put aside for smore summer thing.  Think it uis half sewn

Black silk velvet top.  Just needs hemming?

Cotton top with skulls. Cut out but got no further.

That's 11. I really, really ought to so the cape and the velvet dress as they represent a considerable amount of money spent and would clear a lot of space. But it is more tempting to do the tops as i a have occasions to wear those.

This is all an awful waste of fabric so i must make myself finish some of them. But the husband thinks inshpuld be repairing the pockets on a pair of his jeans!
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

BrendaP

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2019, 00:14:13 AM »
I delved into the nether regions of the sewing room and found thirteen of them!   :devil:

Then I spent most of this evening adding photos to my website in the hope that making it public will spur me on to finishing a few of them. >:)

Have a look at http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/sewing/ufos.htm
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 23:58:55 PM by BrendaP »
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.