The Sewing Place

Told You I'd Been Abducted and Swapped By Aliens!

BrendaP

Re: Told You I'd Been Abducted and Swapped By Aliens!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 18:07:03 PM »
I like the look of some of them but I don't think I would keep going for a whole year. 

Besides I'm starting to get ideas about making a quilt for GD's 21st birthday in April and thinking of the best way to incorporate 21 star blocks into it.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Sandra

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 18:18:37 PM »
It would be fun to compare at the end of the year if a few people had a go.

Hmmmm....how about not disclosing exactly how we're making ours up until we've finished?

I've now got a special 'Temperature Quilt' notebook for me to write the temps down until I (possibly) get started.  ><

Sandra.
xxx

wrenkins

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 18:34:28 PM »
Hmmmm....how about not disclosing exactly how we're making ours up until we've finished?

I've now got a special 'Temperature Quilt' notebook for me to write the temps down until I (possibly) get started.  ><

Sandra.
xxx
0_0  0_0  0_0  0_0  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sakar

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 20:38:59 PM »
9c here today and I have made a note..... come on girls, you know you want to  :devil:
I've worked out my temp / colour chart so I have ore aqua rather than proper green
I'm definitely going to give it a go.

How many steps do you have I your temperature range?

I am defiantly in  :D

Sandra

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 21:27:16 PM »
I've spent ages looking at how I could do this, and how many colours to include. We don't have a huge temperature range in this country do we?  ><
I think I've managed to get 11 different colours...pushing it to 14 colours if we have extreme weather this year.

I've gone in steps of 4 degrees temp between colour change. 5 degrees didn't quite give enough...I'm also looking at including both the day and night temps.

Sandra.
xxx

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 23:12:28 PM »
I like the ones with both high and low for the day. I sort of liked this one- each row is a month showing high & low. No idea why some of the rows are "blank" besides this possibly being a computer mock up. Other is Jan-July.

I got inspired for a totally unique take on it but doubt it will happen.

Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lowena

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 00:13:47 AM »
@Sakar  I haven't quite finalised my temperature range yet, but am probably looking at 3 or possibly 4 degree celcius steps.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Kenora

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 00:43:07 AM »
I love the idea  :) but don't think I could commit to such a long project (which is sad  :'( ).
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lowena

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 09:00:12 AM »
Awww... shame @Kenora
Perhaps you could do a couple of cushions.... winter and summer.

Pearl

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 09:11:41 AM »
It's a cold one today.   ;)

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
I'm looking to make a temperature quilt There are lots of examples on Pinterest and some look very interesting indeed.
Would anyone care to join me??

Who IS this person ?

What have they done with Lowena ??

and WHAT is a temperature Quilt ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 09:25:28 AM »
I'm looking to make a temperature quilt There are lots of examples on Pinterest and some look very interesting indeed.
Would anyone care to join me??

Who IS this person ?

What have they done with Lowena ??

and WHAT is a temperature Quilt ???

I'm going to use this in my lessons next term on internet safety.  You can never tell who people are on the internet.    I would never have believed that it would be Lowena leading us astray. 

Cheesecake

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 09:36:22 AM »
Not sure I will actually end up finding time to make this but I have ordered plenty of fabrics and started making notes.

Lowena

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 09:49:13 AM »
Hmmm.... @Iminei and @Pearl ...................... I have a very long memory - beware retribution  :P :ninja:

Iminei

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »
I'm going to use this in my lessons next term on internet safety.  You can never tell who people are on the internet.    I would never have believed that it would be Lowena leading us astray.

Or starting a sewalong .... Cos that's what you are doing Missy!!! ( thank you xxx)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again