The Sewing Place

Told You I'd Been Abducted and Swapped By Aliens!

Lowena

Re: Told You I'd Been Abducted and Swapped By Aliens!
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
My pleasure  :) It'll be interesting to see what ideas everyone has  :flower: and the interpretation they put on "temperature" i.e. steps, range, colours, shades....... so much choice, I can't wait ..... to batik or not to batik - that's the question  to misquote David Mitchell Will the Bard  :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:15:08 AM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 12:29:12 PM »
I think you'd better amend the title of this thread then Lowena,

TSPs 2019 Temperature Quilt challenge ??? with a few rules / guidelines / stipulations / time frame etc.....
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ellabella

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2019, 13:31:12 PM »
I think you'd better amend the title of this thread then Lowena,

TSPs 2019 Temperature Quilt challenge ??? with a few rules / guidelines / stipulations / time frame etc.....

No way that’s going to happen @Iminei, rules pah, stipulations no way. The 2019 Lowena is a freewheeling, break the rules type of gal. Good god, she’ll be wearing green knickers next.  :fish:

Acorn

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2019, 13:33:32 PM »
Embroidered green knickers!!!   :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2019, 14:13:05 PM »
Be warned @Ellabella and @Acorn  The  :fish: monger is open this afternoon  :P
Why complicate and regulate things @Iminei  I'm making one... if anyone wants to join in I'd love them to  <3 Your quilt, your rules, your choices of size, temp range, colours ..... just go with the flow  <3
It's the all new laid back, glide along, unrestrictive Lowena here................... I'm even making 4 placemats for my d.i.l to match her dining room decor ( yes, you've guessed correctly  :x ) Kantha embroidered hares on a pistachio linen backcloth  :angel:
I will, however make a note of those who are interested... tomorrow I'll take names of interested parties and we'll move forward from there  :)
Really looking forward to it  <3

Kenora

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2019, 14:14:33 PM »
Awww... shame @Kenora
Perhaps you could do a couple of cushions.... winter and summer.

That's actually a very good idea @Lowena - I might have a think about a smaller project than a quilt. I like the concept and the thought of joining in with everyone, but perhaps on a teensier scale? :) Especially if there are no rules. Yay. :D
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lowena

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2019, 14:19:53 PM »
Please do @Kenora  it'll be lovely to have a joint focus as something to chat about......rules? :S! Who needs 'em ? :S
No set time, no set size, no set colours = no angst  ;)

Lowena

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2019, 14:24:12 PM »
@Efemera  and @wrenkins  harness your imaginations and use colours which you like - make it a purple / mauve free zone by all means ( it probably won't get that hot anyway :D )

wrenkins

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2019, 14:26:46 PM »
The cushion covers is a great idea.  0_0
There will be no purple!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2019, 14:37:51 PM »
Wayhay.... 0_0

Lowena

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2019, 14:46:35 PM »
Come on @Iminei and @BrendaP  let's have no snowflakes.... at least make a note of the temperatures and join in when you can..... what's another UFO eh Imi?? :devil:
 I'm hopeful of being joined by some, or hopefully all of the following... in no particular order :
Wrenkins,Kenora,Sandra,Sakar, Pearl,R Sewist,Cheesecake ... for a rule free, temperature based project of your choice.
It's a balmy 11c here today - good job we go on temp and not sunshine or mine would be totally grey  :o :D
P.S. I'll start a specific thread if when things get underway....... here's hoping for a good summer  :flower:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 14:48:25 PM by Lowena »

Ploshkin

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2019, 15:07:22 PM »
Is there a reliable source of historic UK regional temperatures?  I'd like to have a go at something but I know that I would not be able to remember to keep a daily temperature record. (I already don't know what it was yesterday).
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2019, 15:26:11 PM »
@Ploshkin that's was going to be my downfall so I recced about on Accuweather and they give historical data if you scroll down a bit to temperature history.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Pearl

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2019, 15:27:57 PM »
Is there a reliable source of historic UK regional temperatures?  I'd like to have a go at something but I know that I would not be able to remember to keep a daily temperature record. (I already don't know what it was yesterday).

@Ploshkin , I used the accuweather website.  Here. https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/coventry/cv1-3/month/326967?monyr=12/01/2018 You just need to put in your location.

Acorn

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2019, 15:28:54 PM »
Yes - go to Accuweather, put your postcode into the search box, choose 'Month' from the tabs and it will let you go back to previous months for recorded temps, and forward for predictions.

[Cross=posted with Pearl]
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.