The Sewing Place

Crafters companion spray glue

Ellabella

Crafters companion spray glue
« on: May 05, 2020, 16:25:29 PM »
Has anyone used the Crafters Companion spray adhesive?

I've just looked for 505 and I can't get it with my Cotton patch order so looked on Amazon and eBay and it was eye wateringly expensive. >:)

Lowena

Re: Crafters companion spray glue
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 16:29:07 PM »
No,sorry, I always use 505
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 17:27:40 PM »
I've always used Crafter's Companion (this one) and have always been very happy with it.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 17:33:33 PM »

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 19:40:45 PM »
Thanks @Vezelay , I never thought of Empress. Two cans on their way :D

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 21:03:23 PM »
@Ellabella  and everyone, please be very careful using this or any other spray adhesive.  If you read the very fine print or check the data sheet you'll get an eyeful. PPE is supposed to be worn and it should either be used out of doors or in a well ventilated area. That means an exhaust system to suck it away and fans blowing to keep the air clear. You should be suiting up with safety glasses or goggles, gloves and ideally a chemical rated respirator every time you use it.

You do not want to be breathing this. If you can smell it it is effecting your lungs. Same thing  if you can see it in the air. It can cause both short and long term damage.

Please never use it in a small sewing room.

I almost died from someone using this in a class. I did not have asthma or other breathing problems prior to it. Idiot woman who didn't know how to use it started spraying it in a closed classroom with 25 people in it. I had the worst physical reaction but others had problems too. The twit still didn't understand what she had done wrong.  :thinking: Never read the label.

Be really careful with this stuff.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.