The Sewing Place

Hello!

Creative Mummy Bear

Hello!
« on: January 02, 2019, 17:24:04 PM »
Hello everyone and thank you for letting me join.

I live in the Ribble Valley in Lancashire and love many creative pursuits, including dressmaking, making household furnishings, machine embroidery, gardening, (particularly growing veg and salad), knitting and crochet.  I’m teaching myself quilting but I’m still quite a beginner at that!

I have a blog under my user name at blogspot, and love sharing my creative life there too.  As I now know I’m allowed to post my blog link you can find me here:

https://creativemummybear.blogspot.com

I am very much looking forward to getting to know everyone, and learning from you as well as (hopefully!) helping someone else maybe! 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 17:39:29 PM by Creative Mummy Bear »

BrendaP

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 17:35:13 PM »
Welcome to TSP

You can post the link to your blog, either in the introductory message or in your profile so that it shows in the footer to every message that you post.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Creative Mummy Bear

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 17:37:40 PM »
Welcome to TSP

You can post the link to your blog, either in the introductory message or in your profile so that it shows in the footer to every message that you post.

Oh, thank you!  I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to.  I’ll do that now!   :D

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 18:00:36 PM »
Welcome to TSP, @Creative Mummy Bear .  Make yourself at home while I check out your blog put the kettle on.   :drink:

Sheilago

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 18:13:41 PM »
Hello , welcome to TSP. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. I mainly inhabit the Dark side with fellow quilters, but having read your blog, I’ve already saved your instructions for long socks as I do a bit of knitting too.  I have only knitted short socks , which I do wish were longer on cold days like today!

Kwaaked

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 18:57:27 PM »
Welcome!

I'm one of the Americans here, and am everything your mother's warned you about us!  :devil: 

fajita

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 18:59:52 PM »
Hello, welcome @Creative Mummy Bear  :flower: :drink:

Creative Mummy Bear

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 19:13:29 PM »
Welcome to TSP, @Creative Mummy Bear .  Make yourself at home while I check out your blog put the kettle on.   :drink:

0_0 I love it!  Thank you!  :)

Creative Mummy Bear

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 19:16:11 PM »
Welcome!

I'm one of the Americans here, and am everything your mother's warned you about us!  :devil:

Hello!  I lived in America for a year, and Canada for many years, and still have a couple of rolls of ‘America Sews’ embroidery stabiliser  :)

Creative Mummy Bear

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 19:19:05 PM »
Hello , welcome to TSP. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. I mainly inhabit the Dark side with fellow quilters, but having read your blog, I’ve already saved your instructions for long socks as I do a bit of knitting too.  I have only knitted short socks , which I do wish were longer on cold days like today!

Oh, I’m so happy you read my blog!  I love knee high socks under trousers as they keep my legs so nice and warm!  Hope you find my adaptation of Winwick Mum’s wonderful pattern helpful in making some for yourself.   <3

Roger

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 19:46:22 PM »
Hi and Welcome,

Settle in and ask questions and pass comment, we're all busy helping each other (avoid actually sewing :)  )

happy new year!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Stitches

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 20:38:58 PM »
Hi welcome to TSP

Kenora

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 20:44:23 PM »
And a very warm welcome from me too @Creative Mummy Bear . :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Creative Mummy Bear

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 20:57:32 PM »
Hi and Welcome,

Settle in and ask questions and pass comment, we're all busy helping each other (avoid actually sewing :)  )

happy new year!
:D Thank you for the welcome! Happy New Year to you too!

Surest1tch

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 21:11:43 PM »
Welcome mummybear. Whisking you a happy, healthy and crafty new year  :D  :toast: