The Sewing Place

2019 Darkside Temperature Based Sewalong

Ellabella

Re: 2019 Darkside Temperature Based Sewalong
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2019, 21:37:40 PM »
I’m thinking really bright colours as I will probably use it as a quilt in the room the GKs use.
12 vertical columns of HSRs separated by sashing in either black or dark blue, something fairly simple as I have so much to do this year I really don’t want to get overwhelmed. 

Hopefully my internet will be back on tomorrow so I can do a proper fabric search, hate trying on my phone.

@Sakar which two cities?

BrendaP

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2019, 22:29:35 PM »
The beauty of this one is that we really could leave it until September before we start it.  0_0

Definitely!

If I were to start something like that doing just one teeny bit at a time I'd loose interest and it would become a UFO, but start it in September or October and it might get finished.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Sakar

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2019, 22:33:43 PM »
@BrendaP : that's why I appreciate the idea of not having deadlines or a strict timetable ;)

@Sakar which two cities?

My hometown and the capitol where we have been on honeymoon: Reykjavik  <3

Iminei

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2019, 11:43:52 AM »
@Sakar  ... that lil lot came from Paulines Patchwork in Poundbury, when you came to stay with us ...

Do you remember ...  the place you said that was nice, but had no soul??? (which is about spot on!)
Your OH and Imself were at the Steam fair that day ...

but My word!!! I dont remember you snaffling that much fabric!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sakar

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2019, 12:32:13 PM »
@Iminei of course I remember  :D and yes, I left there "some" money  :devil:

Lowena

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2019, 12:58:53 PM »
I'm hoping to start mine this afternoon, at least making the plan, chart, cutting and labelling the pieces. Will save the joining until I get at least a weeks worth  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lowena

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2019, 14:52:37 PM »
May I ask a question please? Are you going from light to dark, or dark to light in each colour range?
I was going to start with white, pale blue, blue aqua , pale green etc but looking on Pinterest I see many started with purple, dark blue, mid blue,etc which doesn't make sense to me  -< What's your thinking??
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2019, 15:43:34 PM »
I based mine loosely on this image from Pinterest.

wrenkins

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2019, 15:58:59 PM »
I have used quite a limited palette because I don't want it to look like a rainbow and I wanted to use some FQs that I've had for ages.
No purple here my dear.  :x  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

wrenkins

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2019, 16:02:40 PM »
How come I've made a giant picture in the message part? I just did the same as I always do.

I could be quite mad and not know. I do the same thing every time and always have a different result!!!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2019, 17:07:28 PM »
Loving these fabrics everybody ...

Myself ? I'm working from stash (?!) grabbing colours that reflect the temps  to me ... oh yes, no forward planning here!

Im with you on the colour range Lowena, cant see how purple reflects cold ... tho' if you look at the human body in colours, if you're dead you are black not white ??!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2019, 17:54:44 PM »
...unless you're in formaldehyde. (I work next door to 'Anatomy'. You never know what you'll meet in the corridor).  ><

The way I look at it is no-one is going to know it's a temperature thing unless you tell them so choose the colours that you like. (Look what happened to that @Pearl. She had to rip out August because it was the wrong colour).  0_0

Anyone doing monochrome?!?!?!?!  :devil:

maliw

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2019, 18:05:27 PM »
I'm still undecided, I've been keeping a record of the daytime temperatures but will wait and see how the rest of my sewing goes.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Pearl

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2019, 18:27:07 PM »
Not just August, @wrenkins .  In August, I undid it back to April.  I've only just got back to August this week.  I haven't recovered from the trauma yet.  At least with sewing, you can just undo the part that you don't like.

Come on, @maliw . You know you want to.

Sandra

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2019, 19:21:27 PM »

Anyone doing monochrome?!?!?!?!  :devil:

Thought about it.  -<

Indecision continues...but it's OK...cos we've got months to play around with ideas for this one.  :D

Sandra.
xxx