Iminei

Re: 2019 Darkside Temperature Based Sewalong
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2019, 16:46:08 PM »
First week of April ..

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Cheesecake

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2019, 18:18:38 PM »
Just wanting to say, I am still making note of the temperatures for eventually making this!

wrenkins

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2019, 18:33:00 PM »
It's a lovely idea for an important year.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Cheesecake

« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2019, 18:52:35 PM »
Yes that’s what I thought when this thread got started.

Lowena

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2019, 19:05:12 PM »
@Iminei seems to be concerned that she is the only one participating in this project!!
Not True
When I suggested it, it was nothing hard and fast like some sewalongs are.... it was never meant to be thus......I am not a hard taskmistress  :P
It is up to participants as to whether they make and show as they go along, just make and keep under wraps or leave it all until December. Unless there has been a takeover, it was ever thus  and will continue to be so :ninja:
It is a year long project by its very nature and I do not expect necessarily to see results until the beginning of 2020.
Sorry if this sounds a bit like regurgitating old news but I wanted to clarify matters.
I am extremely stressed at the moment and unable to even think about project for the forseeable future........ however, I am still taking part with enthusiasm and hope many friends will still be joining in at some point over the year.
Retrospective temperatures can be found on Accuweather, so it's not too late to join even if you're new  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 19:44:18 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Kenora

Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lowena

« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2019, 19:43:38 PM »
 :D :D whoops.sorry eagle-eyed @Kenora  0_0
I've changed the original post now  :P ( but not your quote )  :D Told you I was stressed  :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 19:45:27 PM by Lowena »

Iminei

« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2019, 16:54:42 PM »
2nd week of April

and its getting colder.

linky

Cheesecake

« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2019, 16:36:05 PM »
Is everyone else getting excited bout getting new colours into their quilt this week?  I keep remarking to my husband bout more pink and even orange making its first appearance when talking about the forcast- all about the colours not what’s going on outside!

Iminei

« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2019, 07:38:56 AM »
Yes There will be some GREEN Green in my month next week, I better start looking out some yellows too!

Lowena

« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2019, 10:17:40 AM »
Yes, me too... it'll be good to get away from pale blues and greys...... hopefully for a long time :D

Sandra

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2019, 13:07:37 PM »
I've finally made a decision about the colours, and how I plan to do mine.  :)

I'll be using fairly predictable hot colours/cold colours, and I'm doing triangles joined in rows.

Nothing's stitched together yet but I've been cutting a few triangles out and have neatly labelled them in clear bags. I'm doing each degree of temp per colour.

Yes...looks like I'll have some lovely deep orange colour fabrics for this weekends weather.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Sandra

« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2019, 16:06:33 PM »
I pinned them together yesterday and have stitched them today.

It's been nowhere near an iron...couldn't be bothered  >< , but I finger-pressed  0_0 as I went along. It'll do for now.

I haven't bothered to rotate the picture. This is how it will be on the final piece so you'll get a better idea. The rows are Jan day temps, Jan night temps, Feb day temps etc.

Feeling quite pleased with it. At first look, I wondered if March looked a bit boring. It's a bit samey, but it reminded me of Spring and daffodils when I was stitching it.  :) Very appropriate for the month.

I need to decide what colour to use on the ends of my rows.

Sandra.
xxx

Kenora

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2019, 17:17:46 PM »
You should be pleased with it, @Sandra - it's lovely. <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ploshkin

« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2019, 17:25:23 PM »
I like your big safety pin Sandra.
Life's too short for ironing.