The Sewing Place

2019 Darkside Temperature Based Sewalong

Lilian

Re: 2019 Darkside Temperature Based Sewalong
« Reply #315 on: January 06, 2020, 11:35:46 AM »
That's fabulous @Iminei I can't think of a better use for it, and what a bargain, lucky you :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2020, 19:39:05 PM »
Has everyone fallen by the wayside on this project?
May I ask who is still involved and how far you have got please.
I still have to sandwich and bond mine but I would love to see everyone elses <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sakar

« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2020, 20:27:33 PM »
Sorry to say that it's sewn until the end if August, afterwards I ran out of fabric  :o and I cannot I am too busy lazy to find a supplier with acceptable PP costs   :( I would love to finish it.....  :'(
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 20:32:13 PM by Sakar »

Iminei

« Reply #318 on: January 26, 2020, 09:02:37 AM »
Sakar, you used Makower Spraytime if I recall correctly ... Surely that must be simple to find?
If you send me a snip of the colours you need I could pick them up for you and send them on.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Cheesecake

« Reply #319 on: February 08, 2020, 19:17:22 PM »
I’m still planning to make mine, got all my temperatures and fabrics.  So one day hopefully this year!

Sandra

« Reply #320 on: April 06, 2020, 11:00:00 AM »
I've finished my mini one...the one for 2018.

It measures 16" x 18".

The one for 2019 still hangs in the corner.  ><

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2020, 07:51:35 AM »
You did one in 2018 ???!!!

You kept that quiet !

In other news the fabulous girls from Midsomer Quilting outdid themselves and @Sakar  received her fabrics from them yesterday so she can finish her TQ!

Mine is just hanging from the hanger, looking sorry for itself ... I must get back to that ...
I did think of asking everyone who had made one to exhibit them in the group category for FOQ this year ...

FOQ is still not giving up the thought of going ahead this year, no announcements up on their website ... but I think its unlikely.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:57:09 AM by Iminei »

Sandra

« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2020, 08:46:46 AM »
I did one for 2018. Curious as to what the hot year would have looked like in comparison so made a small one so I could see.

Re: FoQ. Can't imagine it could possibly be the same if they go ahead this year. There will still be people with worries about the virus, and some will have cash flow problems...me included.
Some businesses won't be there.

Perhaps they need to skip this year. Get it back next year and back to the correct date in August.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2020, 08:50:34 AM »
I agree .... Money !!! Jesus Im going to have to sign on and I never wanted to be in that position again ...

I think they should cancel, I also think we are still going to be under lockdown. My neice Lucia lives in Bolzano Italy and they've been locked down for 6 weeks and it means lockdown. They cant go out without a permission slip ... seriously ... the the police are not frightened about enforcing it.....

So you made that mini this year using records of temps from 2018??? How big is your '19 quilt then ?

Sandra

« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2020, 09:08:16 AM »
Ugh! Signing on. No. It isn't something you want to do if you can help it.
I think I might be getting a little bit of help after the announcement last week about the self-employed, but nothing is going to happen until about June.

The 2019 temp quilt measures 57" x 48". It's just waiting to be sandwiched and the binding.

Sandra.
xxx

Missie

« Reply #325 on: April 08, 2020, 12:14:10 PM »
My neice Lucia lives in Bolzano Italy and they've been locked down for 6 weeks and it means lockdown. They cant go out without a permission slip ... seriously ... the the police are not frightened about enforcing it.....

My cousin lives in Lanzarote and it is the same there, re the slip and the police.

Deafoldbat

« Reply #326 on: April 08, 2020, 19:26:33 PM »
FOQ is still not giving up the thought of going ahead this year, no announcements up on their website ... but I think its unlikely.

I had an email today saying it's cancelled.

It is with great regret that Upper Street Events has taken the decision that, as a result of the ongoing situation with Covid-19, it is not going to be possible to host this year’s Festival of Quilts (30 July – 2 Aug, NEC Birmingham).

Sandra

« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2020, 18:03:31 PM »
OK....It's together and quilted. It's 'finished'.

I've done this....

-< Don't like the outer boingy stitched quilty pattern. I don't think it needs it. I've left it for now while I decide but I'm pretty sure I'll be unpicking that and leaving it plain.
As soon as I'd done it and stepped back to look at it, I thought  :\

The back is like this...

I've hand stitched to mark the temp every 5 degrees on the strip on the back, and have stitched the date when the highest and lowest temps were.

And my wonky hand stitched label  :) ('cos I don't have a fancy embroidery machine to write it for me).

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #328 on: August 15, 2020, 09:16:26 AM »
Loving it!!!!!

How big did it get in the end ???

Loving the thermometer on the back!!!!

And if you (or anyone) wants a label from Elvistoo you only have to ask!

Sandra

« Reply #329 on: August 15, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »
Its finished size is 47 x 56 inches.  :)

Sandra.
xxx