The Sewing Place

Simply Sewing mag

sewmuchmore

Re: Simply Sewing mag
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 09:38:05 AM »

5 issues for £5, then 6 issues for £29.49
so you’re actually agreeing to pay for a year long contract for £34.49. It doesn’t say you’re welcome to cancel the contract after 5 issues.

What a swizz.   >:)
It does in the small print and in the confirmation e mail you get. You just have to cancel the DD as soon as you have the 5th copy. I subscribe on a regular basis to sewing mags that are on special offers and then just cancel the direct debit before you stat paying full price.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 11:41:15 AM »
Ok, done it. Fingers crossed it arrives ok.  :D

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 12:59:39 PM »
@Ohsewsimple

My £5 subscription magazine arrived today!!!!
Plus 2 free patterns.
It just cost me €4 postage from the UK.
I’m beside myself with excitement. 😁 :D  :D

No-one seems much interested in sewing over here so there’s NO sewing mags on display in the newsagents. Loads of knitting, crochet and cross stitch mags though.  :S

I asked my local store about getting a sewing mag and it would cost at least a tenner each issue so I declined.

Sewcycle

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 14:31:16 PM »
Congrats on finally getting the magazines. I hope my friend has got hers too now...I know she’s been waiting a while.
'Is there a life before breakfast' 🥐

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 15:27:57 PM »
Congrats on finally getting the magazines. I hope my friend has got hers too now...I know she’s been waiting a while.

Mine should have arrived a few days earlier I think, but the ink printed address on the grey plastic bag was quite smudged so it probably couldn’t be read by the scanning equipment and required a person to look up my An Post (Irish postal service) account details.

There was a sticker on it from An Post saying the address was incomplete. I hope the rest of them arrive ok.  :S