The Sewing Place

Taking Measurement- Need a Graphic Chart

WendyW

Taking Measurement- Need a Graphic Chart
« on: January 06, 2019, 07:24:02 AM »
I've got several different resources for taking and writing down measurments,  but I'm not happy with any of them. They all measure something a bit differently, or record in a different style. I'd like to make my own record sheets that apply to different situations. Making appropriate lists is the easy part, but I'd like to have a customizable graphic chart- the kind that shows a body with markings to demonstrate how the measurement was taken. I can find plenty on-line with measurements already illustrated and lines all over for pointing and writing on, but like the list types, none of them are exactly what I want. Can anyone direct me to a body graphic that is totally blank of lines which I can use to create custom charts?

eclectic

Re: Taking Measurement- Need a Graphic Chart
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
Hi Wendy … are you perhaps just looking for a croquis? I would be happy to send you mine if that's what you are looking for, but I am sure if you google 'croquis' or 'fashion croquis' that you should find something. If not then let me know...

DementedFairy

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 11:19:14 AM »
I've got several different resources for taking and writing down measurments,  but I'm not happy with any of them. They all measure something a bit differently, or record in a different style. I'd like to make my own record sheets that apply to different situations. Making appropriate lists is the easy part, but I'd like to have a customizable graphic chart- the kind that shows a body with markings to demonstrate how the measurement was taken. I can find plenty on-line with measurements already illustrated and lines all over for pointing and writing on, but like the list types, none of them are exactly what I want. Can anyone direct me to a body graphic that is totally blank of lines which I can use to create custom charts?
something like this?
C'est moi!

Holly Berry

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »
Are you looking for something like this?

I found this on Pinterest, but couldn’t put the link in. It’s a free download.
Procrastination get behind me

mammafairy

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 21:42:13 PM »
@eclectic I never heard of a croquis before! wow what a sensible idea! Thanks for the mention!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 22:42:27 PM »
@mammafairy I use a photo of myself to draft designs on.  That way I can see if they will be suitable for me.  Better than using stock croquis.