The Sewing Place

Tweed trousers McCalls 6901

Surest1tch

Re: Tweed trousers McCalls 6901
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 21:35:19 PM »
I don't think I've ever heard of a centre back zip in trousers  :S  Is that just me??

I always put centre back zips in my smart trousers, it helps take the emphasis away from my bulging belly

Silver Rose

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 07:01:35 AM »
The pockets are done and have tried the trousers on whilst pinned and altered the back darts also took the centre front seam in a half inch at the waist. The hips and crotch are OK - phew!, will not do any sewing today, we are going to the panto this afternoon :)
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 09:44:23 AM »
Just got to do the waist facing and hems but not today as my cold has got worse  :S. They look good on.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 08:32:50 AM »
I finished them yesterday despite having a headache and sore throat still, just got the hems to hand sew today. I am pleased with the result.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 09:59:43 AM »
Finally got the hems done so all pressed and ready to wear. Try to get pics at the weekend.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 10:46:09 AM »
Calamity! when I wore them about 10 days they were too big around the waist :S I must have made a mistake somewhere because when I tried them on tacked ready to sew the fit was OK. I  have now unpicked the waist facing and the centre front seam and adjusted by about 2"m, they now fit better but I'm so fed up with them I'll forget about them for a while and wear them when I don't feel so stupid. I think the fabric was not a good choice, it is very light and has a loose weave, a bit like some Viyella shirt fabric but apart from all that I am moderately pleased with them.
I am now thinking what to make next. What about that Lisette coat, hmm...
Still learning

Tiggy

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 21:45:57 PM »
That is my favourite trouser pattern.  I’ve tweaked it until it fits me, and now it’s a very odd shape, but there again, so am I.
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Silver Rose

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 09:16:59 AM »
This is my favourite trousers pattern too @Tiggy , after 4 goes and various tweaks I like the results and have now redrafted the pattern to my shape. I have only made 2 versions with pockets and I was pleased with the results.
Still learning