The Sewing Place

Help! Style arc Ziggi PDF pattern

Lachica

Help! Style arc Ziggi PDF pattern
« on: January 08, 2019, 17:01:33 PM »
The first 7 pages (out of 59) have printed with all 4 margins & joined together perfectly. From page 8 onwards the left margin is missing and the triangle matching mark is tiny. The pattern pieces appear to have lost a bit off the sides. Obviously I don't want to carry on sellotaping the pieces if, as I suspect, the pieces will be too small. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so how do I correct it? It gets good reviews so I think it must be a mistake I've made somehow. First photo shows pages 1-4, perfect. 2nd & 3rd photos show the problem.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lachica

Re: Help! Style arc Ziggi PDF pattern
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 17:27:43 PM »
Thanks @Francesca for a quick reply. If I overlap the page to approx the correct amount on the left, the right hand margin is out by about 15mm compared to the first row.  Also, the remains of the small diamonds don't line up with the ones on the top (correct) row. I checked the printed square was 10cm in both directions at the start of printing. I'm now wondering if it's an Apple/Windows inconsistency as I started printing from my iPad but the 'toner' warning came on on the printer & it refused to print any more, so I carried on from a laptop but maybe the print settings were incorrect. I'll have to buy more paper before I can print it again :angry: but better to do that than to cut my fabric too small.
Mary

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 17:35:52 PM »
Did you set it to print 1- 7 pages first and then go back to print the rest? Have you mistakenly hit the fit to print button instead of actual size. Did you print out the test square, was that ok. Each tiled page should have a red rectangle around it measuring 9 1/2 x 6 1/2 inch. If they have then there is obviously a problem with the pattern.
I have printed out lots of Style Arc patterns with no problems but have not had one of the multi sized one yet. If all else fails contact the company.
Amended
Sorry replied to this whilst you were responding. I know  a lot of company's who sell digital patterns advice not to print from an ipad, perhaps that's the problem
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 17:40:34 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 19:13:02 PM »
I'll have to buy more paper before I can print it again :angry: but better to do that than to cut my fabric too small.

aybe just put the same paper back in wrong side up...that's what I do...
C'est moi!

Lachica

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 22:04:11 PM »
Thanks peeps. I think you've got it! @DementedFairy @Francesca  why didn't I think of printing on reverse? Duh....and marking the wrong one first ...thanks for that. I seem to be having lots of iPad problems recently :angry:
Mary