The Sewing Place

The Divas first dress done.

sewmuchmore

The Divas first dress done.
« on: January 08, 2019, 18:32:03 PM »
So, The Diva announced she would like a new wardrobe please as all her clothes are far too young and babyish for her. (she is 8 going on 18). This is the first. It is a simple shift New Look 6320 made from embroidered faux leather that has been under my sewing table for about 10 years. I knew it would come in handy one day.
Like all the women in our clan she has no waist definition, despite all her dancing and performing arts, so she doesn't like anything too fitted.

Seem to be having real problems getting photos on today so apologies in advance I may have post  separately
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 18:34:03 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Acorn

Re: The Divas first dress done.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:39:46 AM »
That's wonderful - she's going to feel really cool and grown up, but it's still perfectly age appropriate!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Missie

Re: The Divas first dress done.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:27:57 AM »
That is beautiful.  I wish Little Miss would wear something like that.  I keep asking what the point of having a girl is if all she wears is hoodies, legging and trainers and puts her (beautiful thick) hair up in a ponytail.  She has been like this ALWAYS!  Even her grandfather included her as one of the boys.  Having Alzheimers and thinking he was bit muddled, we gently pointed out that she is definitely a girl.  "Oh no she's not!" came the reply, "She is a tom-boy!"   :| 0_0