The Sewing Place

height adjustable table

sewmuchmore

height adjustable table
« on: April 22, 2023, 18:26:40 PM »
I know these have been probably been discussed in the past but can't seem to find the thread. Finally admitting that bending over my existing table is a pain, literally.
So, who has one and were did you get it from, looking ideally for an electric one with a large work area. I have seen a few ont interweb but reviews vary from c*** to excellent and there doesn't seem to be any were these days, apart from Ikea, that you can go look. (I hate Ikea but if needs must i will grit my teeth and go).
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

classical retro

Re: height adjustable table
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 07:57:11 AM »
I bought the IKEA Trotten 160 x 80cm some time ago and have used the top on my old system: that  top was too narrow. I went to store to look and try.  I am below average height so I can’t comment on that aspect, but the mechanism is sturdy, which was a consideration for me.

I ordered in store and they delivered, but you can buy on line. The base is quite heavy.

I will set it up …. before too much longer…

CR :angel:

classical retro

Re: height adjustable table - found this
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 23:46:44 PM »

Bjay

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 12:44:18 PM »
Having g spent weeks searching for a table with a good sized top I chose the Ikea Kallhall.
Good size top, sturdy,  room to store SM when not in use

A reasonable height as well
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kallhaell-gateleg-table-with-storage-white-light-grey-00511223/
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 17:23:31 PM »
Well it has only taken 6 months but i now have a sit/stand desk. I did eventually brave Ikea as i really wanted to see a desk in action rather than buy direct from 'tinternet. I am glad i went, after looking at the Bekant and Trotten i decided they were too wobbly and would probably vibrate when the embroidery machine is going full pelt so i decided on the Idasen. It is a beast of a desk but very easy to put together and no wobble in site. At it's lowest it is probably a inch lower than my old table which is the perfect height for sewing for me. It is a pleasure to be able to cut out without the aches and pains and the motor is so quite. The only downside is that HE keeps playing with it.
I also bought a clear self healing work bench protector from Rhino Cutting Mats uk. for the top.
I can't believe what a difference my new table and chair have made to my motivation, i now look forward to going into the sewing room again.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 22:02:15 PM »
Take a look at the Middle of Lidl offers coming up.  They have something height adjustable and fairly cheap although I'm not sure how sturdy it will prove to be - it's shown in the pictures being used as a pasting table and a buffet table.