The Sewing Place

Today 14th January

Sewbusy

Today 14th January
« on: January 14, 2019, 05:40:50 AM »
Still dark outside but relatively mild for January,hope it remains so for next few days.

I have a large builders sip arriving this morning so lots of work to get it filled, luckily I have wonderful help for all the lifting and toting that will be involved. two garden sheds to empty and contents to be sorted for removal or stop till the new summerhouse/shed arrives.

I'll be out of the way in the sewing room sofa I don't get underfoot! Plenty for me to sort and determine what to keep and what to dispose of. I did try making inroads into this a short while ago and donated some rolls of fabric to a mental health charity who make bags and cushions etc. to sell towards running costs.

Don't see me donating the Tissavel fur but I wish I could get rid of the coffin size cardboard box which stores the frame from which it hangs, Live velvet, fur should not be stored folded. When I say coffin size it would it at least two people my size with room to spare!

Pat

Silver Rose

Re: Today 14th January
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:48:50 AM »
Good morning, it is chilly but brightish here and a beautiful pink and orange sky. I am booted and suited for a morning of invigilating, I am glad it is not as windy as yesterday because walking along the waterfront to work can be a bit scary in high winds, there are a lot of the tall buildings. My  :meow: is a bit more lively today so put up a bit more of a fight when I gave him his pill earlier. Have a good day everyone.
Formerly known as Junemarie

justpottering

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 08:37:31 AM »
Morning everyone quite bright out there this morning and warm not sure what the forecast is here today I haven't yet got into the routine of looking our mornings are a little haphazard to say the least with no breakfast eating place - it will be different when I get my new kitchen  :)

Need to pop into the bank this morning now that I have found the one I use, to pay cash in no less, which is unusual and I must remember to tell them that this is a rare event  0_0

Then back to the grind which I don't mind one bit  :)

Have good days all whatever you get up to
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 08:55:22 AM »
Still a bit breezy here, but the sun is out, although not made it over the hedge yet, and I think it's fairly mild.

Mr Sainsbury is arriving between 12 and 1 today, then hopefully I can persuade T'other Half that we need to go out somewhere other than just walking the dogs around the lanes here.

twopence

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 09:11:33 AM »
Been for a fasting blood test so just finishing a cup of tea.  May go to the gym later.  Need to find a picture of an African Violet as my quilt group are making a narrow bookcase quilt to display at the arts centre we are at.  My group decided to put a potted plant on our shelf along with books.

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 09:19:03 AM »
It's bright and sunny outside this morning, but my plans are to do my tax return.  Horrid job and I always leave it to the last minute, but once it's done the feeling is good.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 10:07:52 AM »
@BrendaP  I am lucky enough to have never ever had to fill in a tax form , I don't envy you the task  ;)
Gloomy today. OH has gone to Tesco and I'm cleaning the house  -<
Triumph of hope over experience :D

justpottering

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »
I don't mind doing my tax return, I like to think I can give someone in HMRC a good laugh once a year so I do it early, as soon as I get the notice to do so - which reminds me I need to pay NI this month
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Francesca

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 10:44:34 AM »
I've got to do mine too - which isn't so bad. The bad bit is having to pay it.
Stash Busting 2019
Goal: 100 metres
So far: 1.8m metres

My Blog - Plus Girl Sews // Follow me on Instagram :)

fajita

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 11:16:02 AM »
Ooo, other half has to go to Hereford to collect his car from the garage. Doughtys is next road along from the station. I can keep him company on the train, :angel: and "browse"  ;) (evil cackle) whilst he goes to the garage.
Could turn into a nice (expensive) day, after all.

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 11:50:17 AM »
Great arrangement @fajita - a nice train journey there, and the car to carry your loot on the way back!   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Kenora

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 14:08:43 PM »
Got a couple of loads of washing done this morning, and made my carrot/parsnip/chive soup ready for the week ahead. While I was knee-deep in peelings the phone rang ... it was an International call, and we have relatives in the US, the Philippines and Australia, so I answered it. A gentleman's voice asked me how I was so I told him I was feeling terrible this morning. There was a long silence. Then he said "OK, I'm from BT Openreach and I'm ringing to tell you we're about to suspend your telephone and broadband line". I put on my bestest, happiest voice and said "Oh my goodness, thank you so much for letting me know. I'm absolutely delighted". He hung up! :)

At least it gave my old Dad a laugh when I told him about it later.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Acorn

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 14:12:00 PM »
That'll teach him to make small talk that he doesn't mean!!  Actually, it probably won't...  -<
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Nevis5

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 14:41:33 PM »
Hi all.  It's been a sunny morning here, brrr, chilly though.  I've been out for my brisk Monday morning walk which was invigorating to say the least.  I'm glad I can still hoof it out there in mid-January without fear of slipping on ice or worse though.    I have primulas and primroses out in the garden along with snowdrops, not sure if the gloomy forecast will put paid to them or not.

I'm just about to make a start on decluttering some of my books and sewing mags, saw the recycling lorry emptying the skips in the car park earlier so there will be room for them tomorrow.  I cut out three more night shirts yesterday afternoon so am hoping to get at least one of those started as well later on.  Then it will be OK for me to be run over by a bus so at least I'll have something decent to wear if taken to hospital  0_0

I optimistically hung my sheets out on the line this morning but it's looking a bit dark out there now so might go and rescue them.  At least they will smell lovely and fresh even if they're not dry.

Have a good afternoon everyone xx

Sewingsue

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 17:55:27 PM »
Think I might treat myself to a small glass of something this evening
Just finished joining up my first Style Arc pattern - Loren jacket.
Think I will leave tracing the pieces till tomorrow.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.