The Sewing Place

Jaycotts half price sewing patterns

Lilian

Jaycotts half price sewing patterns
« on: April 04, 2017, 16:30:40 PM »
I was looking for a jacket pattern and saw that Jaycotts have a half price sale on https://jaycotts.co.uk/collections/butterick
Willing but not always able :)

Marniesews

Re: Jaycotts half price sewing patterns
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 16:47:22 PM »
Thank you Lillian. I've still not opened the ones I got a few weeks ago from Sew Direct but I'm so glad we get such regular sales on patterns because the cost of sewing really ramps up at times.

I'm having to forgo a trip to the Chapel next week,  :( although it's at least a year since my last visit  :'( but we'll have the family with us - they wouldn't be too happy hanging around and it'd be torture for me having to walk past rows of fabric without the time to look, touch and ponder. Another time.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 16:59:25 PM »
I know how you feel, it's torture, I can't walk by any fabric shop without stopping. It's compulsive for me!  :snip:  Good luck  :D
Willing but not always able :)

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 19:13:36 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I bought three patterns that have been on my wishlist.

B6462, B6067 and B6097

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 21:14:21 PM »
I do like Butterick 6097, in particular, view B

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 22:37:44 PM »
I do like Butterick 6097, in particular, view B

My biggest issue with shirts is that they tend to have to be baggy at the waist to fit my hips, so this seems like a good solution.

I'll have to make it in a nice bright colour so I don't look like a waiter...